Pan That Palette 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on panning a palette next year? If so, which one? I'm wanting to pan a palette, but I'm torn between panning my smaller ones (like from subscription boxes) or simply a larger one. Anyone else?

How is everyone doing? Making progress with panning your palette(s)? I really want to do this and I think I'll go with the UD Naked2 Basics. I feel like if I start small I won't be so overwhelmed. I think primal and frisk are the shades that I will use up first based on how much I've already used them.

UD Naked 2 basics - panning a palette.JPG

About two weeks ago, I finally chose a palette. I decided on Benefit's Most Glamorous Nudes Ever palette (two cream shadows and four powder). It's small enough that I should be able to finish it without confining myself to juuuust that palette. So far so good! I'm also trying to pan Rum Pum Plum out of the Tarte Light of the Party palette and Zero from UD's deluxe shadow box (the attached picture is almost a year old so there's more progress!)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great @@awesomegan13! I might add a palette or two too but for now I'm starting small. Since the colors are so neutral in the one I picked, I should be able to use it more like a base layer and mix it up with other colors from other palettes so I don't go crazy just trying to use this one up. UD Gwen Stefani is one that I would like to pan also but that would take me forever so I think that's out. I'm not patient enough for that. I have a Laura Mercier one that I've made great progress without trying so I probably need to add it to this.

Hey everyone! How are your palettes doing? Just wanted to post a few updates! This is where I'm at now (the Urban Decay Deluxe shadow box I'm only working on the black shade). I don't have a current pic of my Tarte palette but it looks pretty much the same anyway.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello.. I joined MUT because of this panning community..

I've been panning my Naked Palette from end of January and here's the update today..

Right now I have three pans in this palette: Sidecar, Halfbaked and Smog. And I think Darkhorse will be soon. I usually keep an update on my blog (removed) and my instagram (removed) . We could support each other there too..

Good luck ladies on this challenge

CYMERA_20160314_172858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @! Glad you joined us.

My palette (Naked 2 basics) doesn't look any different from the time I posted the picture even though I've used it. I don't use it daily though because I get distracted with other palettes. I need to get better at using this more often. 

This panning needs a lot of patience right! Btw, I'm using some shades wet. It helps a lot with the fall out too. It is the oldest palette in my stash, so I need it done this year, the quality is slowly turning bad. I notice that matte shades are more difficult than the glittery shades. I use shades Naked and Buck everyday, but there's no big different.

How often you usually take picture of your progress?

Back