Little Lace Box October *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any spoilers at all? I'm dying to find out what will be in this month's box. August's box was a miss for me. 

In case anyone was wondering if they will be receiving another serendipity bag at no charge; I just asked LLB and they are done working out there issues, so if we want to receive serendipity we will need to order it at $10 I think it is off their site. It was really sweet getting it free of charge, but I knew it wouldn't last forever. I was happy to get the two I received for free. Anxious to see what us in the September serendipity.

I've seen the September Serendipity online somewhere.  I'm sure you can find it.  Sorry, forgot where I saw it.

The last few boxes have been just so-so for me, I'm considering canceling if this next box is a dud too. However, part of me wants to hold out until the December box since last year's December was nothing short of AMAZING... With of that said, the theme for the October box and the accompanying pictures (the girls in the pictures are all in summer wear and doing spring/summer activities...where exactly is the Autumn influence?) aren't exactly wowing me. 

Little Lace Box On Sale NOW!
Authentic_Autumn_large.jpg
AUTHENTICAUTUMN2_large.jpg

“Authentic Autumn - Your Style, Your Way” Shipping October 20th to 23rd"Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose." —Lauren Hutton

We love fashion, every single inch of it but we also love it because it allows us to express who we are and that is a beautiful thing.  How many times did you beg to go to the grocery store with your mom in your Disney Princess dress with heels and a tiara?  (Okay, so that was probably just me) but really, if you think about it, it was my best style at 4 years old and I knew it even then.  It made me feel, well, like a Princess and I loved it.  So, for October, we will curate a box of wonderful items that will allow you to get creative and show us your authentic self!  We know you will enjoy!!

Hm that is strange, those are great pictures for a summer box, but not autumn. I hang onto my subscription because it's locked in at the $40 price. For $40 it's fine but I wouldn't want to gamble $50 on it, the last few boxes haven't really been for me. 

The last few boxes have been just so-so for me, I'm considering canceling if this next box is a dud too. However, part of me wants to hold out until the December box since last year's December was nothing short of AMAZING... With of that said, the theme for the October box and the accompanying pictures (the girls in the pictures are all in summer wear and doing spring/summer activities...where exactly is the Autumn influence?) aren't exactly wowing me. 
I could be wrong but I believe the awesome holiday box was actually sent in November so the stuff could actually be used in the month of December.  Sadly I doubt there will be a holiday box again unless it ships earlier than usual.

Yes, the holiday box was sent out in November. I remember because I missed out on that one... I didn't subscribe until February of this year. I'm looking forward to the October box. I love autumn, so I'm hoping for some seriously autumn themed items such as a nice cozy infinity scarf and some cocoa or cider :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do agree that the pictures look very summer oriented.

I'm getting excited. We should be getting our boxes by the end of next week.

The description for authentic Autumn is super vague. And I agree, those pics look really summery, so I'm not sure there are any hints to go on with those. June was a fashion/style themed box right? It's already fading in my memory (sigh). But anyway, fashion/style is an interesting theme given that sized items aren't an option.

My guess would be a jewelry piece for sure. Maybe a necklace. Possibly something with fringe. It's been a little while since they sent a clutch or purse, so that could be possible and on theme. Would love a tote in a cognac color. There's always the possibility of a scarf, I know they sent an infinity one last year before I stated subbing. I would have guessed watch or fedora, but Rachel Zoe just sent those (and I'm wearing the heck out of them).

The last boxes have also had LLB themed items, so I'll be interested to see if that continues. I'm liking the Shea butter lotion on my feet, but in general the last thing I need is more bath/body products.

Anyway, it's starting to feel like winter where I am, so I'm hoping they start shipping today so we have the box by this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice yet? I got my renewal emails but haven't received a tracking number yet. I'm dying to see what's in this month's box since last time was a fail for me, but great gifts for my mom and aunt. 

Trying to figure out what's up with LLB. They used to be really good about charging our cards and then shipping right out after that.

I may be way off base but I think they've been burned whenever they try to make their theme too specific. Authentic Autumn is pretty damned generic - hard to not find stuff you can just toss in a box to meet that theme. I think that's what's bumming me out - the edge LLB had over other subscription boxes was their theming. But if we're just going to get a very meh "autumn" box, I'm going to seriously think about cancelling. I'm also concerned because I saw them advertising a deal on Groupon - I'm kind of surprised to see them there. Come on LLB, prove me wrong and knock this autumn box out of the park.

I know this is the October Box thread, and I can't wait to get my box.  But, I got a facebook response back about December/Holiday box, that it would be shipped before Christmas!  Yay!

LLB has been more disappointing with each box, and I really hope this one is better...but I'm not holding my breath.

"Your style, your way" leads me to think that there will likely be another third party involved (like the bouqs)...and while the flowers were a nice touch, I don't particularly enjoy that a box I pay so much for requires that I register with another site to take advantage of one of the main items.

Also, this box gets the axe once my sub is up if I receive one more llb brand item. I know some people enjoy it, but I subbed specifically because they advertise items from up and coming artisans...I did not sign up for their own personal line. I wouldn't take such issue if they were bonus items, but to use them as main components is asinine, particularly when paired with the fact that they raised the price of their box.

I do agree with what was said earlier...their themes used to be on point, and now it's just haphazard. Still so disappointed with last month...that theme had SO much potential, and I feel like it would have been saved if the perfume and stupid llb body butter had been replaced with more thoughtful items.

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice yet? I got my renewal emails but haven't received a tracking number yet. I'm dying to see what's in this month's box since last time was a fail for me, but great gifts for my mom and aunt. 
I've been billed but haven't received a shipping notice--same as you.

I got pre-shipment information last night.  I checked my USPS account and it is there.  So I am hoping I will have my package Saturday or Monday @ the latest!  Can't wait to see what is inside.  I like this box because everyone receives the same items (other than possible color schemes), it eliminates box envy for everyone.  Wish some of the other boxes would do this. Plus it is not just beauty or lifestyle, it is a little of both. 

On a different note, I bet there is a LLB Body Spray or Body Oil in this one to go with the shea butter and body scrub! LOL!

Latest posts

Back