Secret Santa 2015 - heads up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We will be doing Secret Santa again this year. It's a lot of fun and we encourage people to sign up! You have to have minimum of 50 quality posts (Hi's etc don't count as quality posts) prior to Secret Santa starting and be in good standing (no warnings etc). The sign ups will be at the end of this month (October) so I just wanted to get this thread going as a heads up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Who is interested in participating this year? This thread can be used to brainstorm as to what would work the best. We have used Elfster in the past. Does everyone want to continue using it this year?

I am definitely interested; it will depend on my job situation at the end of the month as to whether I can or not (looking good atm).

I would love to participate I know I just signed up a few months ago, but I looked at last year's thread and it looks like so much fun! The reveals are so awesome, everyone does an amazing job wrapping! 

Oh I'm fairly new so I'm not sure if I'm eligible (I think I have at least 50 quality posts but I've also made some successful swaps) but I'd definitely be interested!

I am interested.  Was not a member here last year, but love Secret Santa.  Is it a month long Secret Santa or just a one-time gift?  (I've seen both.)

I really liked using elfster, I knew exactly what my giftee wanted and was able to shop for her from a couple of places so I could get her exactly what she wanted. Although I think I did give her some surprises so I'm glad I could make her happy. I know when I got my gift I was so thrilled, it was SUPER nice and my santa was incredible. I definitely look forward to doing it again this year!

I really liked using elfster, I knew exactly what my giftee wanted and was able to shop for her from a couple of places so I could get her exactly what she wanted. Although I think I did give her some surprises so I'm glad I could make her happy. I know when I got my gift I was so thrilled, it was SUPER nice and my santa was incredible. I definitely look forward to doing it again this year!
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like elfster is the way to go.

I love Secret Santa.  I hope I have enough posts.  I am cheating at work right now being on here.  But it is the end of the day.  Working extra this holiday season, so I would love to participate. So my play money does not go into my other money.

We are getting ready to do this. I was thinking about the deadline for sign ups to be the 10th and the exchange would happen on the 15th. How does that sound? How about the limit for spending. Do you all think $25 would be good?

I would LOVE to do this. I just signed up as well. I think this is a cool idea and I love the idea of having a limit although sometimes it is hard to stick to a limit lol. 

We are getting ready to do this. I was thinking about the deadline for sign ups to be the 10th and the exchange would happen on the 15th. How does that sound? How about the limit for spending. Do you all think $25 would be good?
Sorry this could be a stupid question, but do you mean signups November 10th? And exchange them December 15th??

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back