everythingandnothin

PopSugar Neiman Marcus Holiday Edition Luxury Box 2015

Here is the problem with the NM box value: there is no way it could ever bring the same value as the limited edition boxes.  A fun little math nerd problem....

2015 LE box values:

Holiday for her: $396

Fall: $313

Summer: $320

Resort: $370

So on average, LE boxes are $350 value for $100 cost. 

$350/$100 = $x/$250

Solving for x, the NM box would have to have a whopping $875 worth of stuff for us to feel like we are getting the same value as the LE boxes.

It's just not going to happen. 

Edited to add (because my math nerdery can't be stopped): This box was worth about $647ish, so it feels about 25% short of the expected value. A more appropriate price point given PSMH's LE box values would be $185.

I too am a math nerd.  Love your post.  I received the box today and am very happy with it in person.  Love the tray.  The necklace is better in person.  Each item is quality and luxurious.  I really like the NMPS box.  But....I would not recommend it.  Not sure why.  You nailed it.  Reason = PS value.  Price point should be $185.  Still happy with the box and not regretting the purchase.  

• Like 3

Christmas came early... My box just arrived!! I loved & will use everything in this box. The only item I'm gifting are the chocolates- I thought it would make a great little gift for my dog groomer. I received the clock in smoke which is such a cool color-- it's gray with a blue rim around the perimeter. It actually compliments the color of the tray. Everything in this box is Super Luxe & just makes me happy. I shop a lot at homegoods & I love homegoods- the quality of the items greatly exceed anything I've ever seen or purchased from home goods

• Like 7

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a great box, definitely better than last year's. I can't wait to get mine! But it's helpful for people on the fence (this year or in the future) or who get these for value rather than curation to know that the LE boxes have way higher value.

• Like 3

What a pleasant surprise- my box came today (Sunday?!?).  It was scheduled to arrive on Friday the 27th I went out this morning it was not there but when I came back there it was.  So weird for it to show up on a Sunday but I ll take it!  I m so excited to go thru everything!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness my clock is purple its so incredibly beautiful- I didn't realize purple was even an option I can't get over how gorgeous it isl!   I was excited about this box after the spoilers but man in person its incredible such beautiful high quality items.  The value of the other special edition boxes may be higher but this box and its item feel more luxurious and high quality to me personally.  Thank you pop sugar- home run!  Enjoy your goodies ladies!!

• Like 5

Did anyone  else have a hard time getting their clock to work?  I followed the instructions popped the clock face out, removed the plastic tab, set time and pushed in knob. The battery is in (its super teeny). But its not ticking.  I m so bummed I love this clock but its kinda useless if it doesn't work.  Any suggestions to get this little cutie ticking.

Did anyone  else have a hard time getting their clock to work?  I followed the instructions popped the clock face out, removed the plastic tab, set time and pushed in knob. The battery is in (its super teeny). But its not ticking.  I m so bummed I love this clock but its kinda useless if it doesn't work.  Any suggestions to get this little cutie ticking.

Maybe the battery is a dud... replacement clock batteries aren't too expensive if you try switching it out. Otherwise take it into a watch store to see if they can figure out the issue

Edited by sakura33
  • Like 1

I finally got my box yesterday (yay Sunday mail deliveries!)

I got a purple clock, which I am pretty excited about because I didn't want a neutral option.  It's going to look great on my desk at work! 

I watched some unboxings while I was fondling my new things...I didn't realize there were variations on the Kevyn Aucoin palette!  Someone definitely had a really pretty version where all of they shadows were purples; mine are browns.  I will get more use out of the shadows in mine, but the blush and glosses were prettier in the one she had.  No way can I pull off the bright coral in my palette. 

I'm so glad this box was still available after full spoilers came out.  In the past I have either waited and it sold out and I missed an amazing box (NM#1 and other LE boxes) or bought it right away and then totally regretted spending so much money on something I didn't love (NM#2).  It's nice to have things work out for once! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is a cute collection for luxury gift items same as I found on LUXEVA about luxury products and services you can avail throughout the world and enjoy these luxury items in the world of class and flavors.

Edited by brownmartin