Yesterday's photoshoot FOTD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!  I'm new to the forums but I wanted to share my FOTD yesterday for an impromptu photo shoot I did with my friend!  She wanted to do something very fall, but also needed some pictures in flannel for a project she was doing, so I needed a makeup look that was wearable for the autumn-themed pictures in the daytime and could translate for a grungier look with the nighttime shooting we did with the flannel.

EYES:  I used Lorac Pro palette on my eyes (don't have it in front of me, but I remember using Garnet and Gold on my lid, Taupe in my crease, and Black in my outter v, then Sable and a little bit of Gold on my bottom lash line.  I used Kat von D Tattoo liner in black to create a cat eye on the outter part of my eyes, and then used Estee Lauder Doublewear Liner in black to tightline.  I used Sephora falsies on the top lashes (not sure the exact kind), and Velour Lashes in Lash at First Sight on the bottom for a doll-eyed look.

BROWS:  I used Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade and NYX Brow Mascara for my brows.

FACE:  I primed with MAC Prep + Prime + Fix and used Benefit Porefessional.  Then I contoured and highlighted my cheeks/forehead with Anastasia Cream Contour kit and used NYX Wonder Stick to contour my nose.  My skin looked fine without foundation, but after all the contour/highlight I felt it looked too harsh, so I used my Hourglass Skin Tint and buffed it into my skin in between my contouring and highlighting.  Then I added a litttttle bit of Nars Dolce Vita on my cheeks just some slight color, and added Mac Cream Color Base in Shell as a little illuminizer/highlighter (everything was matte otherwise so I needed a little bit on my cheek bones). I set the cream highlight/contour with my Anastasia cream powder kit and then set my whole face with Smashbox Halo Powder.  Then I spritzed Mac Prep+Prime+Fix on my face to finish.

Lips:  I  lined my lips with Mac Stripdown and used Mac Cork on my cupid's bow and filled my lips in with Mac Taupe lipstick.

Sooooo many products haha :blush:  but here was my finished look!

me.jpg

The pictures from the shoot didn't turn out too shabby either!

IMG_3512.JPGIMG_3515.JPGIMG_3513.JPG

I'm figuring out which ones to post on my IG/blog (@amandadle, shameless self-promotion but let's follow each other? :smilehappyyes: ) but I'm overall pretty happy with how it turned out.  It was my first time really doing any heavy highlight/contour so it wasn't perfect, so I'd love if anybody had any pointers!

Latest posts

Back