Who are the best YouTube Makeup Gurus?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who do you think are the best Youtube make-up tutorial gurus? I am looking to find gurus that are easy to learn from and have the best tutorials esp since there are soooo many videos out there on youtube! Thanks in advanced for your help and suggestions! 

My favorites:

UnlimitedElizabeth (she's incredible and has the best Halloween tutorials, as well)

KandeeJohnson

dope2111

TrinaDuhra

SoniaGasparian

FarahdHukai

TeniPanosian

MakeupbyLeyla

NikkiTutorials

MannyMua

KathleenLights

Okay, easy to learn from / lots of tutorials...

Jaclynhill1 (she uses waaaaaaay more makeup than one human needs but I love the way she explains things - I have learned the most from her)

KathleenLights (love her personality, great for warm looks)

sscastenada (best smoky eyes, plus she's hilarious)

missglamorazzi (simple, natural looks)

essiebutton (more simple looks, her old stuff is the best)

vlogwithkendra (natural makeup, gorgeous looks)

lisalisad1 (great for more mature skin)

Lisa Eldridge (the best in the business, tutorials that work on lots of different people because she often uses models)

Tanya Burr and pixiwoo (very talented family of makeup artists - I prefer Tanya over the sisters personality wise but the sisters have a greater variety of looks)

My favorites:

UnlimitedElizabeth (she's incredible and has the best Halloween tutorials, as well)

KandeeJohnson

dope2111

TrinaDuhra

SoniaGasparian

FarahdHukai

TeniPanosian

MakeupbyLeyla

NikkiTutorials

MannyMua

KathleenLights
Oh yah! Really like KathleenLights but will definitely check out UnlimitedElizabeth and other's on your list!

I came across this site/channel that features all of the best Youtube  make-up artists-- hopefully it makes it easier to find, I think some of the artists you mentioned are on your list.  

(link removed)

Thanks!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
it's very easy.

some of my bests.....

Tati (glamlifeguru)

megsmakeup8

melissa autry

emilynoel

shanxo

letzmakeup siobhan mcdonell

sharon farell

smugnificent

and moreeeeeeeeee.........to be continued

Tanya Burr and Kathleenlights. I cannot stand Jacklyn Hill. She yammers on and I cannot get through a video of hers lol. Lisa Eldridge is good. Pixiwoo too. I like a lot of the tips Wayne Goss but he is a bit of a makeup snob imo and he complains too much on his page

It not that Jacklyn Hill is arrogant. I just cannot get through her videos lol. I tried. If you can, kudos. I like videos where they get to the point quickly. Emily Noel is great at keeping things on point. Some YT's imo could stand to take some tips from her on how to keep things moving but detailed

Hey there!

ME personally here are my favorites:

Dulce Candy—for everything basically

Michelle Phan—she’s cool too

Clear Essence Cosmetics—for skincare info

Lisa Eldrige—because Alexa Chung did a tutorial with her

Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My faves are:

Jaclyn Hill - she knows her shit. No one can deny that. There's a reason she's so popular. And her personality is my favorite. She makes no excuses for the way she is and she is so down to earth!

KathleenLights - She is really sweet and knows her stuff as well.

Tati - I like her bc she tries out soooo many different products and posts several times a week, plus, she is in her early 30's and so I relate to her a bit more than the girls in their 20's.

CoffeeBreakWithDani - She tries out a bunch of stuff, and also does nail product reviews and really in depth makeup reviews. Plus, I like that she's a stay at home Mom and is family oriented. She also does a Spanish channel!

Shaaanxo - She's from New Zealand and does a lot of great international brand reviews, and her makeup tutorial looks are on pointttttttt!

Teni Panosian - I love her travel vlogs and her makeup reviews and tutorials are on a wide span of products.

Rachhloves - I am in love with her personality! She's Canadian and hilarious and her product reviews are soooo helpful. She does a "Buy or Bye" on products and whole brands sometimes and even does in depth haul reviews after she gets them, on what worked and what didn't.

EmilyNoel83 - She used to be a news anchor and I love her family oriented personality. She is very realistic and does both high end and drugstore reviews, She probably does more in-depth, helpful drugstore reviews than anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites are: 

- KathleenLights

- NikkieTutorials

-Tati

-KaushalBeauty

-Maya Mia 

Check them out, I hope you will like them too! <3

Hi to all ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favourites at the moments are Teni Panosian- she is like THE goddess- she is so natural, and easy going.. She has that simple makeup style, not experimenting too much, but still looking fab..

Also, Carli Bybel.. She is perfection. She is so creative and so talented.. 

Chloe Morello is also good, I like watching here videos, she is so funny...

Latest posts

Back