Net-A-Porter Holiday Kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone else going for this one?  I was so disappointed  by Nina Garcia's quarterly box that I treated myself.  Not a lot of full sized items but it's all high end stuff, worth ~$350

http://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/633598?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-QFGLnEolOWg-_-Custom-_-LinkBuilder&siteID=QFGLnEolOWg-Zrhk51ZKO8UwfAXlfMVffA

Net-A-Porter Beauty's indulgent Holiday Kit is a curated selection of our 15 winter essential skincare, makeup and hair products. This limited-edition set is packed with a complementing range that spans your entire beauty routine - from shampoo to a face mask to lip gloss. Treat yourself or gift it to the friend who has everything.

- Philip Kingsley's award-winning Geranium and Neroli Elasticizer Pre-Shampoo Treatment is infused with invigorating 100% natural oils to enhance manageability, bounce and shine (75ml/ 2.53fl.oz.) - Rejuvenate and strengthen your locks with the color and keratin-treatment safe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo by Oribe (250ml/ 8.5fl.oz.) - Follow with Oribe's Gold Lust Repair & Restore Conditioner to reverse styling and dying damage, leaving you with soft and nourished hair (200ml/ 6.8fl.oz.) - Gently slough away dead skin cells with Lancer's The Method: Polish, a cocktail of Sea Minerals, Pumpkin and Pomegranate extracts that reveal a younger-looking complexion (30ml/ 1.0fl.oz.) - Omorovicza's luxurious Thermal Cleansing Balm gets rid of clogged pores and impurities while soothing and softening skin (5ml/ 0.17fl.oz.) - 111SKIN's Bio Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask brightens, conditions and simulates collagen so it's perfect to use before a big event (23ml/ 0.77fl.oz.) - Pat on Ren Skincare's supercharged Instant Firming Beauty Shot as a base or over makeup to tighten, firm and rehydrate fine lines and wrinkles (10ml/ 0.33fl.oz.) - Radical Skincare's rich, multi-tasking Anti-Aging Restorative Moisture targets a host of complexion concerns, from wrinkles to discoloration (8ml/ 0.27fl.oz.) - Make the most out of your beauty sleep with Sarah Chapman's Skinesis Overnight Facial, and you'll wake up rejuvenated with brighter, smoother skin (5ml/ 0.17 fl.oz.) - Essential for long-haul flights or just long days, This Works' In Transit Camera Close Up is an all-in-one mask, moisturizer and primer that brightens, hydrates and readies skin for makeup (15ml/ 0.50fl.oz.) - A blend of Clary Sage, Frankincense and Cardamom, Aromatherapy Associates' Inner Strength Bath & Shower Oil balances your emotions and stimulates circulation. Add it to a warm bath or smooth it over your skin before a hot shower (7.5ml/ 0.25fl.oz.) - Enriched with Shea Butter and Rose Wax, BY TERRY's cult-favorite Baume De Rose Lip and Nail Balm can be used to soothe and replenish dry lips and cuticles (3g/ 0.10oz.) - Burberry Beauty's Fresh Glow Highlighting Luminous Pen - 01 Nude Radiance delivers a hit of radiance wherever you need it. Use it as a primer for an all-over glow or brush it along your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and Cupid's bow (1.4g/ 0.04oz.) - A bold yet easy-to-wear dark pink, Smith & Cult's The Shining Lip Lacquer - The Queen is Dead can be applied on-the-go for a sheer hint of color (5ml/ 0.16fl.oz) - Appropriate for any occasion, Joya's unisex FoxGlove Roll-On Parfum is a mesmerizing blend of fresh white florals, Jasmine and White Cedar inspired by Central Park (10ml/ 0.34fl.oz.)

Decided against (at this point) - too much stuff at home to get through.  But will watch everyone else enjoy!

This looks like a nice one! I'm holding off for now though. Trying to get my willpower better. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I have the Oribe conditioner thanks to Birchbox points and it's great. 

I had to do it ("had to" lol...) because of the full sized Oribe! That alone makes up a huge chunk of the cost and the other products are luxe (and it is kind of nice knowing exactly what is in it)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I caved and bought one.  I have so many beauty products to go through it is ridiculous.  I still couldn't resist.  This box contains so many products I wanted to try.  I figured out it is $9.27 a product.  For trying luxury items I felt it was pretty good price.

I ordered one and it's due to be delivered today.  I've always thought their boxes were fantastic.  I'm very much looking forward to trying that shampoo and conditioner!

I got my box yesterday and it was awesome. I really like the Smith and Cult lipgloss color. I also really liked the perfume! I was worried it would smell too masculine because it is "unisex" but I was obsessed with smelling my wrists after putting it on

Smith and Cult lipglossses are great. Their polishes are great too. This looks like such a great box! I'm happy for all you who ordered it and get to enjoy it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I bought it last night, even though I really don't need anymore stuff. I want to try the hair products in it. Don't forget to use Ebates for 3% cash back.

I keep looking at this box. I'm thinking about getting it for the hair products alone but still trying to hold off. It looks like a such a great box.

Okay, so I don't want to detail out my specific issue with this box and what net-a-porter's fix was because I don't want people to abuse their extreme generosity, but let's just say that their customer service is absolutely phenomenal.  I will absolutely continue making purchases with them. 

Now for the box itself...this is a really nice way to test out some extremely high end / luxury products.  I would say go for it if you have the money and really want to treat yourself, or if you would buy oribe anyway.  The sample sizes are on the small side though, so while it's technically a great value ($139 for $392 of product), if you aren't used to luxury pricing you might feel like you didn't get enough product for your money.  Personally, I am trying to transition to buying fewer but nicer things (eventually, haha) so this was a nice way to test some amazing brands.   

So far I have tried:

By terry baume de rose - it's very hydrating and comfortable.  I hate wasting higher priced items on cuticles, so I'm definitely planning to use it on my lips even though rose isn't my favorite.  Excellent for travel.

Joya foxglove perfume - this is a really unique scent (perhaps because I haven't gone for unisex scents since my CK One days).  I like it but I don't think I'd repurchase.

Lancer polish - This has a decent amount of grit to it so I'm a little worried about my rosacea.  I think I'll use it 2x a week instead of 3x and pair it with my super nourishing Lancer night cream I'm still hoarding from last year's PSMH box. 

Sarah Chapman Skinesis - This stuff is AMAZING.  So silky and the scent is divine.  I will definitely repurchase (or ask for it for my birthday because it's $89 for 15mL).  Of course I'd fall in love with a brand that carries a $490 product. 

I have only swatched the smith and cult and the burberry but they are both lovely.  Can't wait to play with them! 

I did not know that they had a Holiday Kit, just ordered it. Looking for to trying the Oribe products, love the one I received in the Birchbox holiday box. The Smith and Cult lipgloss will go well with the nail polish received also in the Holiday box. And Net-A-Porter must have really quick turn around time, because my box is ready for shipment, received tracking already. Can't wait to try. I did really good and did not use my Sephora discount this past weekend. Also, if you order be sure to use Ebates and get a little cash back.

DANG, I always forget about ebates.  Didn't use it for this or for the summer box (which is still on sale, and which I just purchased today). 

DANG, I always forget about ebates.  Didn't use it for this or for the summer box (which is still on sale, and which I just purchased today).
I really like the EBATES, use it online for NM, Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Nordstrom, the list goes on and on. Now Net-A-Porter! Love it!

I broke all the travel size products down in price and it really is a great deal. Only a couple of items that were under $15.00. Really a great deal on this box.

What is the box called? I see another one but it doesnt show that it is on sale?  How much was it previously?

EDIT: Never mind.  You mean that they are still selling it.  Not that it is "on sale" - I understand now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's The Beauty Box. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back