Makeover! Help me out :D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, 

well as you can tell from the title I have been thinking of a makeover for quite some time now. I have been meaning to change styles quite a bit as I feel my current makeup isn't really an everyday look and feel like I have grown out of that stage when you just start using makeup that you pack on the layers haha. I had never thought to make a post here asking you guys for ideas and suggestions until it came up on another topic I posted. So here it is! 

Here is my current look (the one photo which is different from the rest is a look I made with less makeup on just so you guys have an idea how that would look, haha): https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/gallery/album/54181-me/

So far I have been thinking to go for a hairstyle like this: 

behati-prinsloo-begin-again-premiere-2014-tribeca-film-festival-in-new-york-city_1.jpg

Because I am obsessed with everything Victoria's Secret (their hair and makeup is just  :w00t: ). 

Of course this isn't set to stone and I would love to hear what hair/makeup you guys think would best complement my features. You can suggest anything from cutting hair short to dying them and makeup as crazy as you want :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would love to hear your opinions :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Cheers. 

Hello! i clicked on the link to the pictures of you! i presume there you!? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha. but anyway, you are beautiful! you've nailed it with the hairstyle inspiration from the picture above! i think that would look so gorgeous on you! and curls are definitely flattering, for any occasion! have you ever thought about getting highlights? - with wanting a change and all that? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> highlights look so pretty and add abit of a change without going to wild! haha. also for the makeup, i think its lovely now, but why don't you just go abit different for now! its easier than a drastic change! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe make the winged liner abit thinner, smoke it out on the outer corner? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> leave the bottom lash line abit bare with a smokey outer corner from the top line and pair it all with a really subtle baby pink/nude lid? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> also to tie the look altogether (although it doesnt have to be everyday), demi wispies are really pretty with simple looks!? it just makes your eyes abit bigger and more girly-ish! and i've seen you with a nude lip alot in the photos, why dont you try a berry lip for a change? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> or red? or a mauvy-pink if you want to keep it all natural! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope that all makes sence and it helps haha! stay beautiful!! xxx

LaurenMua you just wrote exactly what i wanted to say to StrawberryGloss  :lol:   Gret choice!

That's actually how i look at the moment: highlights in bronze or dark blond that i coloured in a sandy dark blond a week before the bronze highlight.  normally staright  but today its sholder length hairspray and mousee curls, i had to cut it recently because i am losing tons of it in the shower,i dont know why  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I am not a fan of your liner, i think it is hiding your beautiful eyes, so i agree with LaurenMua for a thinner line with a less dark colour and see how it looks.  I hardly ever do a natural eye, and im into funky colors w/ my e/s. i never do a strong lip with a strong eye. i just recently started using blush, and i still dont like the way it looks. i know how to apply it and have about 5 shades, but i dont care for it. i usually do a light mouth, but when i do a strong mouth, i usually couple it with something like champagne e/s and winged out black liquid liner. If you dont have a naturally curly hair you might have a bit of trouble with the hairstyle above, so check with your hairdresser in advance before the big day, and post us a pic when you are satisfied with your makeover. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

About the curls- I thought I could never ever have mermaid waves or big bouncy curls. All my attempts at using a normal curling iron fell apart after an hour. Finally I bought one of those gizmos that spins the hair around the barrel. It's a total game changer for me. I have the kiss insta wave but there are other brands with good reviews. Since it is getting closer to the holidays you might be able to get a black friday bargain.

You're beautiful and I know this sounds insane and take this lightly because I'm no expert, but have you ever thought of dying your hair platinum blonde? I personally love an edgier style and I feel like you could rock it because you have a cute baby doll face. Devon Windsor is a VS model and I find her absolutely mesmerizing

Thank you everyone for your replies. They have helped me tons and I have read them all although haven't had a chance to reply due to college work. But I already am making alot of progress. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as the curls go, my hair is naturally wavy and I just recently bought a new straightener and am learning to make curls with it. I don't think I will even have to use hairspray unless for really long days because my curls held up for a good 5+ hours. Plus I wouldn't mind pulling them up if the curls fall. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm really happy for this because I have pet birds that perch on my shoulder all day and I really didnt want the being exposed to extra chemicals from my hair. 

As far as the makeup goes, the reason I am always wearing nude lips is because my eye makeup is so heavy. I feel like if I used brighter colors on my lips, with that eye makeup I would look overdone. I experimented with a more natural eye look and red lips for a halloween look however and loved the result and felt so pretty in red lips haha. So I will definitely be working on more natural eyes so it gives me more room to enjoy different lip colors. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only problem is I'm gonna need some practice with eyeshadow because I have never used it before  :blush:  oops. I just use my elf cream eyeliner in black (which I am in love with, its just 3$!!!) and add a bit eyeshadow on the lower lid for color.  I have been experimenting with a thiner eyeliner on the top lid and less on the bottom and love it. Also gave my brows a softer makeover the other day and loving that too. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lastly I do want to get some highlights in. I love the platinum blonde idea but I think I'll stick to highlits first and see how I like it. Ever since I was 5 I wished I had platinum blonde hair so I can definitely see that comming up. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back