Fast ways to straighten frizzy hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

My hair is naturally frizzy and it looks really ugly if I don't straighten it.. on humid days I sometimes straighten my hair twice because I just can't stand to see it fly all over the place.

Thing is, I'm tired of spending so much time, and I've tried all sorts of conditioners. My hair just gets more "shiny" but it doesn't help with the frizziness..

I've seen online that for my type of hair, I should get argan oil.. is that true? All that stuff is super expensive (for me at least) and I wanna make sure I get something that really works.

Also, I've seen this on facebook http://hairbrushstraightener.com and it seems like it wouldn't really work for me (I mean, the girl in the video seems to have pretty straight hair naturally..) Has anybody tried it?

I can post pics of my unstraightened hair if need be..

Thanks a lot!

Erika

Update: I've tried a protein conditioner which has made things a little better, though it makes my hair look dirty after just one day.. if anybody has any suggestions please let me know!

Hi everybody!

My hair is naturally frizzy and it looks really ugly if I don't straighten it.. on humid days I sometimes straighten my hair twice because I just can't stand to see it fly all over the place.

Thing is, I'm tired of spending so much time, and I've tried all sorts of conditioners. My hair just gets more "shiny" but it doesn't help with the frizziness..

I've seen online that for my type of hair, I should get argan oil.. is that true? All that stuff is super expensive (for me at least) and I wanna make sure I get something that really works.

Also, I've seen this on facebook http://hairbrushstraightener.com and it seems like it wouldn't really work for me (I mean, the girl in the video seems to have pretty straight hair naturally..) Has anybody tried it?

I can post pics of my unstraightened hair if need be..

Thanks a lot!

Erika

Hi Erika my granddaughter has frizzy below shoulder length hair, fine but thick. She uses Pro Naturals argan oil as a leave in treatment after shampooing & conditioning. She puts a drop on her palms and makes sure she runs her hand/fingers through the ends and up the length of the hair but keeps away from her roots & scalp. She then air dries her hair and when dry she uses her G3 Salon Pro styling iron curling the hair a little then runs her hands through. No more frizz, lots of shine and easy to manage. She finds the argan oil is a 1st class heat protector. There is a YouTube review you can watch karminhairtools.com/karmin-g3-salon-pro that may be of help.

Try some homemade hacks for protein treatment, there is this blog named FS Fashionista that has shared a very good post on protein treatment for hair. Try them instead of experimenting with different conditioners or oils. 

Well, isn't this brush Apalus Brush Straightener?I am confused because many brushes are in the market having exactly the same appearance. I have tried Apalus but not on very frizzy hair, I don't know whether it will work for you or not. Try some protein treatment like said above

Whenever I curl my hair with wet hair, the hair has less volume and doesn't seem "natural" it looks like I curled it. I know it's better to curl your hair with hair that is wet. I've been using the cortex hair mask. It's really great. It makes my hair all fluffy and soft, and it keeps it from getting too damaged. But I can only use at night when no one is around to see me with it on...haha! I've heard of pre heat sprays, but i've been told they leave your hair greasy... I was trying to follow these men hairstyles Do you guys use any of those sprays? Or do you think that curling hair with a curling wand or even a curling iron... is okay if your hair is dry?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you to go for natural hair serums since your hair a naturally frizzy. Such serums will make your hair soft, smooth, shiny and straight. Secondly, you can add a straightener into it, as you already do it. 

Frizzy hair is hard to love. It’s not sleek and silky, it’s not curly and adorable and it’s not wavy and sexy. It’s just…frizzy!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back