Secret Santa 2015 - Main Thread (Rules, Reveals etc)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are the rules for participating in Secret Santa this year. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm cross posting here. I posted this in the heads-up thread as well but thought I'll open a separate main thread for this exchange so that we can have the rules posted here and also post reveals etc in this thread. 

Here are the rules for participating in Secret Santa.

:santa: Secret Santa 2015 Rules :santa:​
  • minimum of 50 quality posts by the sign up deadline (November 15th, 2015). Posts such as one word answers and "Hi"s don't count. The best way to guarantee you have the minimum count of posts required for participating is to take part in the forums and chat away. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> We look forward to seeing you on the forums.  :luv:

• Must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or negative trade ratings within the last 12 months.

• Sign ups for Secret Santa are open now and will run until November 15th, 2015

• Sign-ups are done through Elfster . Please be sure to include your MUT user name in Elfster so we know who is who.

• Gifts must be sent out no later than December 15 for domestic delivery to assure delivery by Christmas.

• Shipping via priority mail is no required but tracking is mandatory so that we can keep track of the packages and make sure the recipient ends up receiving the package without problems. Please email your tracking number to @Reija so that we can have it for our records.

• Total gift value should be approximately $25.

• Item(s) must be NEW in their original packaging and never have been used, swatched or opened.

• Once you sign up please do not change your mind and try and back out of Secret Santa because it will cause problems with the participation list. If you have a special unforeseen circumstance, please contact @Reija ASAP to see what we can do.  If you do back out you may be prohibited from participating in future events.

• Include your forum username somewhere on your gift/gift tag to indicate who the gift is from. You may omit your real name if you so choose however do not omit your username.

• Posting photos of the gifts you receive is not required although we would love to see the reveals so everyone can see what you got.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Please make sure you acknowledge the receipt of gift so that we can keep track of it on our end to assure that everyone receives their gifts. Please post your acknowledgment in the forum or PM @Reija. 

• This is a swap exchange and as with all swap exchanges there is a risk that someone might not send a gift at all (failing to send a gift as agreed upon will remove your from future gift exchanges and swaps). If you do not receive a gift by December 23 please let @Reija know. This is why using tracking to send your gift is so important. With tracking you can prove that your item(s) was sent and we can use tracking to solve potential shipping problems if the package ends up missing. During the holidays shipping gets hectic and packages sometimes get lost. It's best to ship your package out as early as possible to avoid possible problems with the delivery.

• ALLERGIES: If you have an allergy or sensitivity please PM @Reija so that she can inform your Secret Santa. Please note this will not guarantee that your Secret Santa will be able to prevent any reactions as some companies do not list all ingredients.
Participating in Secret Santa is at your own risk.

:santa: Happy Secret Santa Exchange!!!! :santa:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few screenshots from Elfster. Once you sign up, be sure to add your nickname under your profile (your MUT user name) so that we know who is who and also add to your wishlist. You can search for things already listed in Elfster, you can add a web link and/or you can add text. In the text field you can explain likes/dislikes/allergies etc., any information that you think would be good for your Secret Santa to know.

These fields show under your name in Elfster. This is were you can put your MUT user name under nick name:

elfster profile.png

After you click on "Add to Wishlist", these options come up:

Elfster wish list.png

There is also an option for "Add browser button" which allows you to add products to your wishlist directly from your browser. It works kind of like Pin it browser button for Pinterest.

elfster browser button.png

I think its up to you, although your MUT username must be somewhere on the package. I can't wait til the reveals start!

@@EggyBread deserves an award, she was my secret santa and I received my gift today!image.jpegimage.jpeg

Thank you again for everything! I love it all and omg its just perfect! I considered waiting til Christmas to open it but since our tree isn't even up yet I figured why wait? I hope everyone else is as happy as I am when they get their gifts!!

eta: They were individually wrapped but in my excitement I tore it all open :)

I failed to reveal myself to Queenie as I was uncertain about that issue.  However, I think she should have her package by now.  Hope you enjoy it Queennie!

I'm hoping to get mine mailed by the deadline; I still haven't received the items I ordered on Black Friday. Here's hoping my secret santa loves her gifts! 

I failed to reveal myself to Queenie as I was uncertain about that issue.  However, I think she should have her package by now.  Hope you enjoy it Queennie!
I have not gone to my post office in awhile, but I can not wait to open it up! I am going to go on Saturday and finally ship out my package now that every last thing is here. Thank you in advance though @@cpl100!

Mine will be late :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the stupid order that I placed Black Friday still has not arrived. It was supposed to arrive next Monday; but now they have pushed the date back to next Wednesday. It's currently taking a tour of the south for whatever reason lol I live in Missouri.. 

Hey guys, I love everyone's gifts so far.  My gift will be going out tomm or wednesday, with two day priority shipping.  Ugh, I hate if I am a day late sending it out, but right now is hell.  My Husband fractured his knee on friday, my 9 year old has strep, my 5 year old has strep, my 4 year old has bronchitis, and my 3 year old has strep and an inner ear infection.  On top of that I am a teacher and it is finals week and subject area testing.  AND, I am in the middle of a big fundraiser I have planned for Dec 21st to help my sister's family, her husband has stage three cancer. BUT, I SWEAR, GIFTEE, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU.  I had so much fun stalking you and I know, hope, pray, you will enjoy your gift when I finally send it, LOL.

So sorry to hear that you are having to deal with all that @@Momma4! No fun!! Hope everyone gets better soon!

Latest posts

Back