Make-up for Joker Cosplay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just this last September, I cosplayed as the Joker for comic-con.  I used regular grease paint and Snazaroo face paints.  However, I soon found out that wearing a lot of grease paint is 1} very uncomfortable (my face was tickling like crazy!) and 2} the stuff smears rather easily.  This would be okay if I was going for the messy Heath Ledger look, but I was going for the classic comic look (I'll post pictures down below for reference.)  

I'm planning to go to comic-con again this coming spring, and I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me figure out what make-up to use to make it both convincing and comfortable to wear.  I did a little bit of research online, and I'm thinking of using powder makeup because it looks natural on the skin.  Overall, I want the skin color to be similar to Jared Leto's Joker, more pale than just flat out white, but still white enough.  I also want make-up that won't crack either.

I'm also wondering what hair dye I should get.  I kind of want my hair to be a bright candy green, something that really stands out.  The dye I used last time wasn't exactly what I wanted.

What would you guys suggest?

c6930ec9d0b0ec4c.jpg

c12c80cc40b4662d.jpg

it doesn't matter what you paint your face with, it is always going to be uncomfortable, especially on stage. I felt like my face is dipped in boiling chocolate when I used to perform on stage. I have heard of a few homemade solutions. But, not sure whether it will fade or wear off while you are performing. 

Rachel. 

Please share the images by the way. 

Back