Birchbox Build Your Own Gift Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the Birchbox Build Your Own Gift Box  that launches online on Dec. 3?  It is an online version on the build your own box version that you can buy in the Soho store. You get to choose a box design, 5 full size beauty items and 1 life style item for $55. I.m trying to find out more information about it such as what brands you can choose from etc...

(Mods- if there is already a topic on this please move this post there. I didn't see an existing thread on this so I started one).

According to Shine the brands include Dr. Brandt, Calypso St. Barth's, Amika, Naobay and Stila. This could be great or blah depending on the options.

the only product I got excited about was the parlor blow out spray (and actually the hair care section as a whole is decently solid option wise in my opinion) but nothing else wowed me (the makeup and perfume category the least) and I realized the blow out spray is only $18 if I really want it (it smells/works amazing). So I say fail. Hopefully they'll change it up if this is something they are going to keep as an option vs limited time

In my opinion, the Lifestyle items suck, and the rest of the categories have either 1 or 0 items I'm interested in.  Here's what I'd pick, except it's way too expensive:

Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask

LAQA & Co. Charm School Kit

English Laundry Notting Hill Femme Eau de Parfum – Rollerball

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

Harvey Prince Hello Liquid Loofah

MAKE Mercado Global x Opportunity Threads Zip Pouch

Also, a question for Birchbox: Why the Hell can I not click on each item and go to the page that describes that item?  I want to know what all the perfumes smell like before I pick and pulling up a 2nd page and typing in the item name is not the fastest way to do this.  

In my opinion, the Lifestyle items suck, and the rest of the categories have either 1 or 0 items I'm interested in.  Here's what I'd pick, except it's way too expensive:

Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask

LAQA & Co. Charm School Kit

English Laundry Notting Hill Femme Eau de Parfum – Rollerball

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

Harvey Prince Hello Liquid Loofah

MAKE Mercado Global x Opportunity Threads Zip Pouch

Also, a question for Birchbox: Why the Hell can I not click on each item and go to the page that describes that item?  I want to know what all the perfumes smell like before I pick and pulling up a 2nd page and typing in the item name is not the fastest way to do this.  
If you click "view details" it takes you to the product page.

I did end up buying one--with a code and points, it came to $35, plus I got a sample pack. Here's what I picked:

Beauty Protector Mask

Laqa & Co. Charm School

Oscar de la Renta Flor Eau de Parfum (would have chosen something different from the newed options)

Naobay Toner

Harvey Prince Liquid Loofah

Make Mercado Pouch

Latest posts

Back