Pantone Color of the Year 2016: Rose Quartz and Serenity!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The new colors of the year are Rose Quartz and Serenity!

pantone-colour-of-the-year-2016-rose-quartz-serenity.jpg

They are doing two colors this year, and personally I couldn't be happier!
I think that these two colors, almost pastel tones, are a very good combination of shades. On the Pantone website they talked about that as well as said:

pantone-color-of-the-year-lee-eiseman-quote.jpg

Here are the colors from the previous years:

Screen-Shot-2014-12-09-at-11.11.22-AM.png

I am excited to see what is in stock for us with this color! And I can't wait to see the Sephora and Pantone Color of the Year Collection either!!

What do you guys think about this?

These are such pretty colors!! I'm excited! Thanks for posting @@Queennie! Can't wait to see what collections come out with these colors.

Wow, colorful. I'd be interested in seeing swatches of the palette.

The lipstick colors look exactly like the colors I used to decorate my room when I was a pre-teen in the early 80s.

I haven't come close to putting a dent in my marsala palette or lipstick, so I'll stick with those for a while. That's better for my coloring anyways.

I'm just not a huge fan of these colors. I keep trying, but they just don't excite me.

@@EggyBread, I am right there with you.  I LOVED marsala.     baby pink and blue - not into pastels, they look horrible on me.   There is a bitter coffee shade that looks really nice in the 2016 "other shades", so that is more my style!

I will save a lot of $$ at Sephora cause I am not tempted by these colors.  That said I know that marsala wasn't everyone's favorite last year, so I hope these will be more their style :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pink is generally not my thing when it comes to clothes and decorating my apartment, but I do like how these 2 specific shades work together.  I will probably find a buttondown shirt for work and a matching lipstick in each color.  I think the NYX Macarron Lippies collection has both of these colors, I mean exact dupes of the 2 Pantone lipsticks that Sephora is selling, if you want a cheaper option.  

I think I'm going for the pink lipstick. I don't usually wear pink lipstick but this just looks too cute. I'm hoping it's really sheer. I'm also intrigued by the lip glosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back