Want to buy my wife some makeup, makup bags/case etc... Need some help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife is from China,

We've been married roughly 12 years.

As a child her mother never really applied makeup, so she kind of learned these things at a later age.  Also at that time in China, there was little western influence (beauty magazines etc..).  I think she's learned about a few items and didn't go further.  She has two makeup cases. One in each bathroom.

She applies makeup regularly.  

This is what I usually see....

1.  She applies Revlon Age Defying Foundation (I've bought it before so I remember this, I believe this is called a foundation).

2.  She then applies like a pink powder with a brush.  (I'm assuming this is called blush)

3.  She sometimes puts on lipstick.

4.  At night she usually applies "Oil of Olay Beauty Fluid" (I've also purchased this from the store on a few occasions).

That's pretty much it.

I want to get her some additional products that would be a "gateway" from this.  So additional types of foundations etc...  But since she is obviously a Asian woman I posted this here.  I'm looking for pretty much creating a kit (bag/case) power, foundation, lipstick etc....  I don't know everything else that needs to be there.

She never applies makeup away from home, but I want to get her some small case that she can carry in her bag.

Thanks

Hi! Sephora.com has some great Asian skin care and makeup products. I highly recommend you check Dr. Jart line out. The line has great products. Sephora also carries cases and so does Target. Target has Sonia Kashuk line brushes that are great for gifts. Sephora also has some great gift sets available that include makeup and skin care. Another store that is good to check is Ulta. They have great gift sets as well. Hope this helps.

Jolse carries some asian brands at great prices and they are almost always on sale. They also carry asian skincare as well. The prices are reasonable and onpar with most american brands. Sephora, Target, and Ulta are great places to get makeup cases or brushes. I personally adore using BH Cosmetics' brushes and makeup palettes. Though my main recommendation is the brushes from there. :)

Latest posts

Back