Making Care Packages for the YWCA Women's Shelter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI!

(Mods, if this post in anyway violates any terms of service, please let me know, this was just an idea I've been kicking around in my head, and this seemed a place to start..)

At the end of the year, I have a TON of extra subscription boxes and foil packets/odds and ends samples, so I decided to put them to use and make care packages for the local YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter  Working loosely with their wish list and what I'd use in an overnight bag, I came up with something like this:

3-4 each of tampons, pads, pantyliners and individually wrapped wipes

Hand sanitizer with carrier (about $1 ea on sale at B&BW with a coupon!)

razor

travel toothbrush/toothpaste

shampoo/conditioner

body wash

face wash

make up item

piece of chocolate

Some things were foils, tried to have one full/deluxe size per box,  all boxes are crammed so full they hardly shut. But I only have 12, can maybe get 14 if use this month's boxes, and it's a 28 bed facility.

Would anyone on here have unloved samples (here's the chance to dump those body washes, shampoo/conditioner foils, dry shampoos, face washes, hair oils and eyeliners!) or spare empty birchboxes they'd be willing to donate? I am honestly only looking for 14 more total boxes, and will add your name to the card as a donor. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

JLMK if you are interested, and I will send you my address via PM.  I would even be willing to pay for shipping on boxes if you can get me a weight/box size and can print out a pre-paid paypal shipping label.

Thanks so much guys!

I think I can possibly make do with the boxes I have since I found a bunch of Target and Allure boxes floating around as well, it is just that the Birchboxes are so pretty and festive! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Although it did occur to me that I could do kid's boxes with the less girly ones, like the same idea, but with some crayons or toys instead of feminine hygiene and make up items...

Are photos not working? I thought I posted an image of the boxes with the first post, and when I didn't see it, another with this one. (sorry if I am spamming with them..)

Last edited by a moderator:
d'OH. It helps to hit the attach this file button after adding it! This should work!

gifts.jpeg

I dropped these off today, and they seemed quite happy to get them. I ended up with 25 boxes total, thanks to Reija's donation and by adding a few empty allure and target boxes when I ran out of birchboxes. I added a huge tub of fudge to the whole thing for the front desk people as well.  :)
Here is a picture of all of it:

ywca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So great! Wow that's a lot of packages. So nice of you to do this @@artemiss!! I'm sure they will be needed and appreciated very much. I was glad to be able to contribute. Thank you for the opportunity!

Back