Two short hair questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks!

So a little history on me as a precursor to a two-part question: I've always had long-ish hair (shoulders, give or take a couple inches). At the moment, it's just above my chin which is pretty short for me, but I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of going shorter (short-ish on sides, with a fair amount on top).  I am not sure it will look good on me, because my profile sucks. I have this weak jaw with a little jut and a magnificently triangular but decidedly not-cute nose and small mouth and I'm not sure I want to showcase that (fyi I am not being self-deprecating, I love myself but I'm not blind!) Also because I am not petite, I'm 5'7 and I got a big ol' booty. I picture short cuts looking best on petite women with very feminine features. But then I'll pin my hair back and it looks awesome, so I dunno!

Anyway, I've enclosed a couple pictures of me and would VERY much appreciate your opinion! (The picture with the brown curls is the only one I could find which shows my profile - my current style/colour is the shorter red).

Second question! In the last pic (blond hair, Michelle Williams). That's actually the cut I'm considering. But I was wondering how to achieve that style? How it's pieces, casual, matte, but looks like it's staying in place. I've bought a few products over the years but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks yall!

me1.jpg

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

michelle.jpg

Welcome! I think you are beautiful! I think both cuts suit you really well. I like the hair pulled back too showing your features more. Looks really pretty! I love the hair cut style you are considering. I used to have a short hair years and years ago. Didn't look as good as she does in the picture but I liked having my hair short.  :lol:   I would think the best way to style a short cut like that would be a mousse when blow drying and a texture balm for finishing to bring out the layers and keep them in place. Redken has great products for that.  

Aww, thank you!  I have had a very tired few days and the biggest dark circles EVER so that's nice to hear at this point!  Yeah I love that cut on Michelle Williams and probably as short as I'd dare go (could be shorted on the sides but not the front).

Oh... Mousse! That's the one product I've never tried! Thank you!!

Welcome! I think you are beautiful! I think both cuts suit you really well. I like the hair pulled back too showing your features more. Looks really pretty! I love the hair cut style you are considering. I used to have a short hair years and years ago. Didn't look as good as she does in the picture but I liked having my hair short.  :lol:   I would think the best way to style a short cut like that would be a mousse when blow drying and a texture balm for finishing to bring out the layers and keep them in place. Redken has great products for that.  

Let me share my hair experience with you. try out dabur amla  it has a strong smell but it works like a charm .

from my personal experience dabur amla is the best solution for short and unhealthy hair it helps the hair to grow and make strong .
and actually it works from the first day u put it if your confused or you have questions you can ask me feel free to ask me .

Wishing you all best.

Back