Bizgirlva

Allure Beauty Box January 2016 *Spoilers*

A few hints about what's coming in January, http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2015/12/december-beauty-box.html

"We're starting off the year with a bang—and gorgeously glow-y skin, compliments of Erno Laszlo and DHC (hint, hint)."

Looks like they're offering a multi box deal too:

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/N3/ALL/bbox_gifts.jsp?cds_page_id=194758&cds_mag_code=ALL&id=1450359166805&lsid=53510727175012963&vid=2&cds_response_key=S5YALB81

• Like 4

The hints sound good.  I think the Allure box has definitely gotten better after going solo from the Beautybar. I'm excited for this box. 

• Like 3

I think the Allure box has definitely gotten better after going solo from the Beautybar. I'm excited for this box. 

I agree, I think there's a big improvement.  I'm on the fence about cancelling some of my subscriptions as I have far too much product right now.  This is the only subscription not on the potential chopping block.

• Like 2

I chatted with a customer service person and they said if I wanted to do the $150/year deal that they could sign me up and make sure it was the January box and they said there was no expiration date on that offer, as of right now.

• Like 3

More specific January spoilers here:

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2015/12/allure-december-beauty-box.html

"If the idea of awesome new beauty swag excites you, just wait until you hear what’s coming next month. The box is stacked with seven (yes, seven) editor-approved beauty picks (a value of over $75), including the Erno Laszlo Transphuse Eye Refiner, chock-full of anti-aging and moisturizing ingredients, cult-favorite DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, a dazzling gold nail polish (Trust Fund Beauty nail polish in Champagne Problems), plus four additional goodies to help start your year off with a (beautiful) bang."

• Like 4

I gotta say, this is one of my favorite boxes.  I'm losing Ipsy and and Boxycharm next year, but keeping this, Glossybox and Birchbox (the points are too good to quit, and I got such a good deal on an annual with the Black Friday sale, that I am set for the year)

• Like 2

The hints sound good.  I think the Allure box has definitely gotten better after going solo from the Beautybar. I'm excited for this box. 

I continue to be happily surprised by Allure. So happy, I got my bestie a 6 month subscription. However, the poor customer service ladies had to deal with a lot of confusion. Conde Nast initially stated that the gift subs would start with Dec 2015, but then on 12/22 a memo went out to say gift subs wouldn't start until Jan 2016. Now that I've seen some of the spoilers, I'm glad this will be the intro box. I'm loving it & finding it to be well worth the $15 a month.

• Like 2

Love the Trust Fund Beauty nail polishes! This month's box looks promising

• Like 1

I like the Trust Fund polishes also after getting one in one of boxes. I can't remember which box though. I couldn't believe how easy the polish is to apply and dries fast. I'll gladly take another color.

• Like 2

I like the Trust Fund polishes also after getting one in one of boxes. I can't remember which box though. I couldn't believe how easy the polish is to apply and dries fast. I'll gladly take another color.

I think it was in the Glossybox 2015 Holiday box.

• Like 3

I think it was in the Glossybox 2015 Holiday box.

It was such a recent box and I forgot?? Wow my memory is bad. :lol: Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

It was such a recent box and I forgot?? Wow my memory is bad. :lol: Thanks for the info!

I know I'm not the only one here that gets so many boxes that I can't remember what came from who or when.

• Like 3

Is everyone getting the same color lipgloss? 

It appears everyone is getting a red shade, but I'm hoping the booklet tells us if there are any variations. 

• Like 1

I hope there are variations to the red shade. If not, I'll gladly give it away. :)

• Like 1

I got an email from Allure today that thanks to my loyalty (guessing because I have an annual sub) they are going to start sending me extra surprises in the mail and one is on the way. That is kind of exciting

• Like 5

I got an email from Allure today that thanks to my loyalty (guessing because I have an annual sub) they are going to start sending me extra surprises in the mail and one is on the way. That is kind of exciting

I got the same email, yay for extra surprises!

• Like 2

I got the same email, yay for extra surprises!

I have monthly Sub...and I too received one...

• Like 3

Surprisingly I got my box today! I always seem to get these early for some reason! (maybe because I live on an island they think it will take forever to ship? Whatever the case, I'm not complaining!)

Here are all the items and a description if you were wondering

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - 1 fl. oz (full size $28 for 6.7 ounces)

- Since I just got my box today, I have not tried this out. I love the container it comes in though! I was worried that it would break me out, but looking at the magazine included in the box, they said that it did not break out an acne-prone tester. This oil is for normal to dry skin, and is supposed to deep clean and hydrate

Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Lavender and Sage - .5 oz (full size $8.99 for 2 oz)

- I have always been kind of not the biggest fan of natural deodorant. They have never worked for me, and one of my relatives who uses natural deodorant, smells like she could need some deodorant. I love to packaging on this one too, so cute! Smells pretty nice, but lets see if it actually works!

Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black Navy - full size, $20

- Didn't we just get a eyeliner last month? By Pixi. While I love Mally Beauty, I guess I am just a little bit annoyed by this. While this is in Black Navy, it really just looks like a charcoal black.

Skinn Cosmetics Caviar Lip Cream in Ruby - full size, $22

- When it mentions in the pamphlet "One caveat: It tends to disappear from the middle of our lips fist, leaving a ring of color around your mouth, so you'll have to reapply often to keep an even-looking finish", I never think that is a good sign. This is almost like a liquid lipstick (which I never go for bold (aka non-sheer) colors), so I might try to sheer it out. Hopefully that makes the wear time more graceful.

(p.s. In the booklet Ruby was the only shade mentioned)

Erno Laszlo Transphuse Eye Refiner - .003 fl oz. (full size $105 for .5 oz!!)

- Very expensive, so I see why the sample is so tiny. This is supposed to by a serum-cream hybrid, and I can't wait to try it out!

Derma E Hydrating Night Cream - .5 oz (full size $29.50 for 2 oz)

- I have only ever tried the microdermabrasion scrub from them (which I love!), I am excited to try more! The smell of this is amazing as well! This seems to be a good size as well, around the container size of a sample of the scrub. In the pamphlet they talk about how one tester had less red skin, so I can't wait to try this one!

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Champagne Problems full size, $15

- Love this nail polish! Probably my favorite item in this box. It is a pretty almost muted champagne, and I swatched it and it looks to be a one coat polish, but I will probably use two (when I paint my nails with this tonight!)

Sorry for such the long post if you read this all, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what is to come! I loved this month's Allure Sample Society, and I can't wait to get these "gifts" they are sending us as well!

Edited by Queennie
  • Like 7