Anti aging treatments-what are you using?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Of course I am talking about preventing not curing.

What are you ladies using?

I am using mild cleanser and toners and moisturizers with as much antioxidants as possible and always use SPF at least 15(in cloudy winter days) and 30 all other days(products also with UVA protection)

Is there anything else you would add?

I heard some people are using derivates of vitamin A,some AHA and BHA...

SPF 15 is a must for me, but I do not use any anti-aging products as I am not sure what is good for my age (37).

20% glycolic acid cleanser, microdermabrasion kit 2ce a week, sunscreen (the most important!). I want to find some kind of serum/night cream type product but still need to research. Oh, and I want to go back to using Vit C b/c that is supposed to be really helpful.

Naturally, can you recommend a good copper product (name brand) for around the eyes?

Kim,do you know of any products -especially high SpF sunscreen,serum and toner with loads of antioxidants and some with other not to 'aggresive' stuff?

Thanks Kim,will take a look!

I know Hauschka pretty well and I don't like it one bit!

My routine covers the skin nutritionally as well as externally. Hey, it's a living organ and definitely is a mirror of our internal health. :icon_bigg So...

Externally:

Cleanser AM/PM:

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil or Weleda Iris Cleansing Lotion Classic (AM only)

Toning/Extra Moisture (AM/PM):

DHC Skin Softener (toner)

water, butylene glycol, biosaccharide gum-1, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flower extract, sodium PCA, royal jelly extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, trehalose, panax ginseng root extract, placental protein, methylparaben, sodium citrate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract, urea, glycerin, yeast extract, hydrolyzed egg shell membrane, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

Anti-aging Treatment(AM/PM):

Derma E Hyaluronic Acid Firming Serum

Purified Water, Glycerin, Botanisil, Hyaluronic Acid (Actimoist® Bio-2), Ester-C®, Allantoin, Panthenol, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, Dimethicone Glycine, Valine, Aristoflex®, Ceteareth 20, Xanthan Gum, Citricidal®, Phenoxyethanol, Plumeria Oil.

But I'm also trying out DHC's new Q10 Milk (gel), which seems really nice!

water, glycerin, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, hydrogenated lecithin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, phenoxyethanol, salix alba (willow) bark extract, tocotrienols, xanthan gum, carbomer, sodium hyaluronate, potassium hydroxide, ubiquinone, cholesterol, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, biotin, cyanocobalamin, sodium riboflavin phosphate

Sun Protection (AM only):

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++

Active: octinoxate 7.4%, zinc oxide 13.9%. Inactive: Water, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone copolyol, polybutylene glycol/PPG-9/1 copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, trimethylsiloxysilicate, dextrin palmitate, glycerin, hydrogenated C6-14 olefin polymers, xylitol, methyl gluceth-10, glutathione, sodium glutamate, zinc myristate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, thiotaurine, scutellaria baicalensis extract, ononis spinosa root extract, ectoin, cyclopentasiloxane, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, isostearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, trisodium EDTA, silica, alcohol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, fragrance, titanium dioxide.

Moisturizer (PM only):

Weleda Skin Food

Water (Aqua), Lanolin, Peanut Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax Cera Flava, Glyceryl Linoleate, Fragrance (Parfum from natural essential oils)*, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Marigold, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*.

Eye Cream (AM/PM):

DHC Concentrated Eye Cream

water, cucumis sativus (cucumber) juice, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) seed extract, butylene glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, biosaccharide gum-1, squalane, sodium hyaluronate, sasa veitchii extract, polysorbate 60, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, panax ginseng root extract, royal jelly extract, potassium hydroxide, carbomer, methylparaben, propylparaben, magnesium aluminum silicate, tocopherol, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, citric acid

Bi-Weekly Treatment (exfoliation)

Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

INTERNALLY:

Supplements:

Multivitmain 1x per day

Multimineral complex 2x per day paired with

Extra Magnesium for optimum calcium absorption 2x per day

Flax, Fish and Borage Oil blend 3x per day (EFA sources, essential for healthy skin)

B-50 Complex 1x per day

Antioxidant Complex 1x per day

Other:

Lots of water

Low processed food and sugar intake

moderate cardio exercise 6x per week (about 2 miles per session)

adequate sleep

eating enough veggies and fruit

don't smoke

stay out of sun if possible

reduced alcohol intake

I use sunscreen, make sure I exfoliate, eye cream, moisturizer-glycolic acid and my supplements.

No kidding! I've been stretching it out because it seems to do such a lovely job of toning and hydrating! Great, another lemming....*sigh* :icon_lol:

I use a lot of DDF products, their cleansers are great. I also really like this eye cream by MD skincare called firming eye gel with vitamin C. It feels really silky and doesn't make the rest of my oily skin more oily, seems to be doing the job it claims to be doing, fine lines look better and I wake up looking rested.

I would recommend Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy or Bioderma - you live in Slovenia, you can probably get them there. Great, stable sunscreen protection with high SPF. Most of them are designed for allergy prone skin. I would especially recomend Avene creme or emulsion, 50+. I heard Avene has best skin care ingridients, such as antioxidants etc. I also love Bioderma skin fluide 100. such high protection and it's extremely light, like a normal cream, not greasy at all :clap.

I recently discovered Pure Deming products. DMAE, High Grade Vit E, Vit C, Idebenone, Jojoba, emu oil...just some of the ingredients. They don't advertise so it's hard to find, thus I decided to buy a bulk amount and pass this great stuff along. They have a 70% repeat customer rate! :clap

Check out this site for more info

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi cowgirl at hear,

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Glad to have you here. We love having more Pure Deming product enthusiasts and are happy that you've joined!

You might not have been aware of the spam rules outlined in the registration section. It is considered "spamming" to promote other web sites with referral links. Chances are that you have overlooked this or did not fully understand it. NO big deal! I have edited your post so that it does not have the promotional link. We want you on board, but need to be sensitive to the spam issue. Kindly review our rules here

Once again, thank you for joining MakeupTalk. We look forward to your posts.

Sincerely,

Leony

P.S. You can post a promotional link in your signature. Just go to "edit my profile" and type it the way that you'd like the message to be displayed on your posts.

OK, I fixed it...I see someone has actually noticed my error...it was supposed to be Cowgirl_at_Heart I guess I got to typing like a mad woman and missed the "t" Now I guess Im a cowgirl with good hearing LOL

Wow! I already know I'm not doing very much to protect my skin from anti-aging. It just recently became apparent to me over the past few months. I've always used a sunscreen in my moisturizer and foundation. I've heard bits about CoQ10, but I haven't looked into it. The number of products that are out there can be so intimidating. I've thought about trying the ROC Skincare line. This is a really great post, so I'll wait until we get some more answers to see if anyone has an opinion on that line, as well as others.

Thanks! I have Avene and I like it for winter,spring and autumn,but when it's really hot it's a bit too much for me.I like Clinique superdefense for oily skin but would like some alternative.

I say for prevention, and even correction Retin A, glycolic acid, topical Vit C and a good sunscreen.

SPF & 30 &45(depends on how long I'm outside) Renova (for 6 years) Clinique Skin Renewal Cream(or something like that) and ALL ABOUt EYES by Clinique too. I also get various samples of skincare in the mail or, more, with purchases and try those.

I can tell by reading other women's answers, I'm sort of undisiplined when it comes to taking care of my skin.Need to find a program & stick with it more than I do..

Clinique doesn't have best filters, they are not very photostable...

Maybe try Avene 50+ Emulsion (not creme!) - it is designed for oily skin so it mgight be a better option for summer. I didn't try it yet cause it's hard to get it in wintertime but it should be available summertime. There is a polish forum about cosmetics and all girls there seem to love this stuff.

I would personally recommend Bioderma Photoderm max 100 Fluide. It is really light, the lightest GOOD sunscreen I ever tried.

g1116.JPG

Back