January 1, 2016 - 30 day no buy challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's time to New Years resolutions even though New Years isn't quite here yet. After Christmas, I definitely need to do a no buy challenge starting January 1. Anyone joining me? I want/need to do a longer than 30-day no buy but I think breaking it down into smaller time frame sounds better somehow and less overwhelming.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm leaving sub boxes out of this for now but I'm going to go through my sub box list and cut back. Supporting each other through no buy is more fun and helpful than trying to do it alone. Whose in with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in!  I did the 100 day last year and it really helped me get the I-gotta-have-it-now reflex under control.  I am noticing that creeping back into my life, so this is a great time for a cooling off period.  I already canceled a couple of monthly subs (keeping one monthly and skipping the skippables).  I am trying to think of any basics I may actually need (makeup remover, polish base coat) so I can grab it now and stay out of the temptation filled stores next month.

Okay .... After a lot of thought, I'm in. 30 days doesn't seem so bad, but I think it's gonna be tough.

It's going to be tough but at the end so worth it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm going to focus on using the samples and cosmetics I have during the no buy so it doesn't feel as painful. The hardest part will be seeing new cosmetics come out and not being able to buy. I'm a total cosmetics junkie and want to try new things even though I have enough to last me a life time. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I am in. Tried to do the 100 day last year and dropped out somewhere in February, so one month at a time is better for me. I do have some exceptions. My Birchbox and Glossybox are on prepaid status, so I have to keep them. Canceled Ipsy. I was tired of everything being about sharing on facebook. I can subscribe to Macy's or Sephora if I get an invite. I can also get Target box, if one comes out, if it is stuff I will use. Even with making goody bags for my nieces for Christmas, I still have a lot of stuff to use. January 1 I am pulling out all of my foil packets and using them up. 

ooooh, is it time for a no buy month!!!! I need a no buy 6 month period!  I'm game!  Going to use my calendar to mark the days off!!!  Not sure when all the Spring 2016 cosmetic launches are, but I should be good for a while on all my items, nothing I have seen that says I need that!

Sounds good to me.

I'm not going to cancel my tipsy or boxy charm subs but otherwise I'm happy to step back. I'm planning to do my annual photo of what I bought in the last year and it's a bit embarrassing (awesome, but embarrassing based on the $$$ it represents).

This needs to extend to yarn too. I may already have more projects in mind and purchased for than I can reasonably accomplish in 6 months. Possibly even a year. And that is assuming no one I know gets knocked up and requires blanket. 

I'm in! After Christmas, the only thing I may need to buy is setting powder (mine has quite a bit of pan and I don't have any backups). I definitely need a No Buy!

Latest posts

Back