Happy New Year!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year! Wishing you all a great 2016!! May it be filled with love, beauty and happiness. :luv:

What are everyone's plans for today?

I'm staying home with the family and the kiddos. We do a Finnish tradition every year of melting "tina" for new years which are these little metal things that you melt and then put in a bucket of water to see what shape you get. It brings good luck for the following year. It's a tradition I grew up with being born and raised in Finland. I like to pass the tradition on to my kiddos while living in the US. The kids think its crazy and fun at the same time. :lol:

Happy New Year! Wishing you all a great 2016!! May it be filled with love, beauty and happiness. :luv:

What are everyone's plans for today?

I'm staying home with the family and the kiddos. We do a Finnish tradition every year of melting "tina" for new years which are these little metal things that you melt and then put in a bucket of water to see what shape you get. It brings good luck for the following year. It's a tradition I grew up with being born and raised in Finland. I like to pass the tradition on to my kiddos while living in the US. The kids think its crazy and fun at the same time. :lol:
Happy new year Reija :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's already 2016 here in China. I celebrated at the Bund in Shanghai.

I find it very interesting that other parts of Europe also has the same melting metal tradition to take the bad luck and negative energy away. Mostly, the metal - lead - is used. Interpretation is: the more holes you have on the final shape, the more evil eye you had on :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Enjoy your evening with the family.

Back