Ipsy Waiting List Advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On January 2nd I signed up for the Ipsy Glambags. I'm on the waiting list currently and I'm really anxious to get off it. I would do the skip the wait thing in a heartbeat but I don't have the necessary social media (facebook, twitter) to complete the necessary tasks. 

So, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone knew how much longer I would approximately be on the waitlist? And at this point am I too late for the January bag? I've been peeking at spoilers and I love the bag and products and wish I could get it.

Yours in Recklessness

Gray.

I didn't want to do the social media sharing either and it took me about 2 months to get off the list. My first bag wasn't stellar so I ended up cancelling because I have so many other subs but based on spoilers from others, the bags are nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I technically do not have real Facebook or twitter accounts. What i ended up doing in order to join ipsy was creating a fake account for all social media. All you really need is an email address. As long as the name kind of sounds legit FB won't shut it down or anything. Don't delete the account yourself after you get signed up for Ipsy though, because you can rack up points by posting to your fakebook account and get early access to your glam room. I'm sure a lot of legit facebook users probably wish they did this so they didn't have to spam all of their friends with random comments about ipsy. Currently my only "friends" are Ipsy and Tide laundry soap. 

For people who don't want to spam their friends, you can change your settings so that posts from ipsy (reviews, sneak peeks etc) are private or only visible by certain people. I have mine set to private so that the only person who can see my ipsy posts is me and then I just hide them from my timeline or delete them if the clutter bothers me.

I got off the wait list one time by asking super nice. But that was way back when it was My Glam so they probably won't do it, however it doesn't hurt to try does it?

i honesty think its not worth it i had it for a while and i got fed up and cancelled, the stuff wasn't worth it and i kept getting the same stuff. a lot of other people were saying the same thing 

i have a video on it you can check it to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(video removed)

I second the vote for if it's something that bothers you, to set it to be viewed only by you. But also I think people don't realize that unless you're only friends with lumberjack men on social media, there's a potential for other women in your network to enjoy what you're sharing, just reword it to not be spammy.

But also yes, fake social media accounts work, just like for sneak peaks you can invite the same user and they don't ever have to accept. So if you have a second email address (like 99.9999999% of the population) just invite yourself.

I don't know your personal reasons for not having social media accounts, but there's really nothing inherently bad about them, especially if you're already on other online accounts such as forums. You can make them completely private or limit them to only people you invite or your family/friends. Or use them for networking.

For people who don't want to spam their friends, you can change your settings so that posts from ipsy (reviews, sneak peeks etc) are private or only visible by certain people. I have mine set to private so that the only person who can see my ipsy posts is me and then I just hide them from my timeline or delete them if the clutter bothers me.

This is also what I did, and what I do in order to collect points.

I just got an email they have a no waiting list right now for the next 48 hours.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

* Message me if it says that you must have a referral link to skip

I also created fake social media profiles to get off the list. After sharing I was immediately off it. I prefer to do that than to wait an indefinite amount of time to get off. 

Latest posts

Back