Dry, peeling lips. Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! I just joined the forums. 

Something wacky has been going on with my lips lately. They have been peeling a lot, and I can't figure out why. I haven't changed anything related to my skincare routine, or makeup products.. and I live in South Florida, where it is VERY hot and muggy 360 days out of the year so it's not due to a drop in temperatures. They don't crack or bleed (thank god) or hurt or anything like that, they just seem to want to peel and if I want to wear lipstick it looks awful. 

I've started to exfoliate using brown sugar mixed with coconut oil and that seems to do the trick to get them back to normal. I follow up with the EOS lip balms for moisture. I just can't seem to figure out why this has started happening to me all of the sudden. I never used to *have* to exfoliate, I would just do it every once in a while for a pick me up. Has this ever suddenly started happening to any of you as well? 

Hi PepperPotts:

You said that you live in florida- could too much sun exposure be the culprit? Try using something with spf. I know the Lemon EOS balm has spf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @@PepperPotts! Welcome to MUT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Have you tried other lip balms beside EOS? I've heard of some people having sensitivities to EOS and it causing more dryness and/or spots. Maybe stop the EOS for a day or so and see if it makes a difference?

Hey! That's a great point. I will definitely look into buying a chapstick with SPF in it. Thanks! 

Hi PepperPotts:

You said that you live in florida- could too much sun exposure be the culprit? Try using something with spf. I know the Lemon EOS balm has spf.

Hi! Thank you! I use all kinds of chapsticks, I just recently bought a big ole' pack of all the EOS flavors so that's what I've been using recently, but you're right. Maybe I need to switch it up a little bit and see if that helps. 

Hi @@PepperPotts! Welcome to MUT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Have you tried other lip balms beside EOS? I've heard of some people having sensitivities to EOS and it causing more dryness and/or spots. Maybe stop the EOS for a day or so and see if it makes a difference?

Hello,I don't know why that is happening.

Most of the times is caused by the cold weather,accutane,or lipsticks that gone bad.

Try to think about how you hydrate your body with water/drinks etc.

I live in a area where temperatures change a lot, that doesn't help with keeping soft lips, also if i exercise and sweat a lot and forget to drink enough water, my lip will dry off for a day or two.

My tip: A good layer of raw honey for 20minutes to apply in the evening, then wipe with a tissue and don't rinse it, you need to keep a bit of honey on overnight, it is very efficient.

Hello, where i live the air is cold and very dry in the winter. I found myself using The Body Shops pepper mint scented exfoliator called lips scuff.I found this helped...its ment to help get rid of flakey skin on the lips and keep them mositurized. Hope this of some help

Don't lick your lips, rather use lip balms with vazeline. Drink enough of water(3 litres per day).

Latest posts

Back