Solution for hair loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

[SIZE=13.3333px]I’m starting this thread to share my hair loss experience. I was suffering from thyroid for more than 4 years and my hair shedding also increased due to this disease. But even after the treatment of thyroid the hair loss problem still remains. I had lost almost 3/4th of my hair. This is affecting my self-confidence. None of the medications are helping me to reduce the hair fall. So that I’m thinking of a hair loss treatment with the help of any expert endocrinologist. My husband suggested me to seek the help of Seager medical group after searching the best hair treatment center in Toronto. But while going through their notices, I had noticed that they are experts in hair transplant and restoration surgeries. Do I need to consider surgery for my hair loss? or hair loss medication is enough? Please help me to take a decision.[/SIZE]

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Have you tried natural treatments (diet, supplements etc)? B-vitamin supplements are great for hair loss. There are also hair treatments that you can buy and special hair/nail vitamins. I ended up ordering some hair vitamins but haven't tried them yet. Also many thyroid problems have been linked to gluten sensitivity. If you google thyroid and gluten, there is a lot of information.

Well hair loss has many reasons. Maybe thing about a diet. Try to eat whole food - vitamins, minerals because you are what you eat. You can also try drinking a green tea and eat a lot of onion. Hope this helps!

Maybe you should try different hair oils, my favorite, for example, is this one - 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also hair loss in the winter. Although I have tried using many shampoos and other hair products, my problem is not improved. Then, I tried using the juice of red onion to apply directly on my scalp and keep it for 30 minutes. After that, I wash my hair and shampoo it as usual. It is so amazing that you should try!

From my personal experience I advise you to apply Dabur Amla Hair Oil. I have to warn you though, this oil has a really strong smell, but its one of the best.

So before using this you have to follow these certain procedures:

1- Make sure your hair is clean (not oily/dirty)

2- Warm up the Dabur Amla oil slightly

3- Proceed to apply the oil

4- After applying it, massage your scalp thoroughly for about 15 - 20 minutes. Tilt your head down and  helps the blood flow through your head, 

thus, giving you better hair, better sleep, it's healthy!

5- After the massage, cover your head with aluminium or plastic for around 4 - 5 hours.

NOTE: If you have dandruff, after 4-5 hours apply yogurt on your head for around 10 minutes.

6- Take a bath! DO NOT APPLY CONDITIONER.

7- After you are done, DO NOT dry your hair. Rather use a wooden comb to comb your hair slow and steady

NOTE: If you want to get rid of the Dabr Amla smell, while having a shower, you can pour cooled coffee water on your hair after shampooing it.

Do this every second day and you will start noticing a great difference sooner than you expect!

Can't wait to hear back from you! 

Good luck!

Edit: Here's a picture of it
dabur-amla-hair-oil-300ml-gomart-pakistan-2733.jpg

You should give medications a try first before you undergo surgery. Surgical procedures do help but they can be expensive and leave behind scars. Medications like finasteride have proven to be helpful. There is an article here that gives a great list of medications you can take for hair loss.

Onion juice helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation.

Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.

Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.

I think you should regular exercise, yoga and meditation greatly controls hair loss. these things reduce stress and makes person happy and increases blood flow. Meditation effectively helps in control of stress which is in today’s time becoming major cause of hair loss. Regular exercises increase blood flow to scalp which also helps in hair loss and increases hair growth.

There is the effective medical treatment of hair loss and they control hair loss to a great extent if taken in the early phase of hair loss. Medical treatment not only controls the hair loss but also improves existing and thinning hair conditions. All patient vitamin deficiency shall also be corrected. Every patient with hair loss shall be advised about life modification to reduce stress and they shall be encouraged to take healthy food and should avoid fast food and no tobacco at all.

Vitamin E is good for Hair growth. Try using that with your doctor consultancy and Vitamin E can also be applied directly to the hair and scalp simply by getting your Vitamin E capsule, puncturing it to create an opening and then applying its contents directly to the scalp. Because this is considered to be a natural oil, you can leave this on the hair for a whole day until it is washed, or rinsed after a few hours of leaving it in if you feel like it makes the scalp oily.

Try these home remedies and say goodbye to hair loss.

Coconut

Steps:

• Warm a bit of coconut oil and massage it from your hair root to tip.
  • Wash after one hour.
  • Or, grate a coconut and squeeze out its milk by mixing in a little water.
  • Apply it on the area where you notice thinning or balding.
  • Let it stay overnight and wash off the next morning.
2. Onion juice

3. Garlic

4. Henna

5. Hibiscus

6. Amla or Indian gooseberry

7. Egg

Also rosemary essential oil is amazing for healthy hair and scalp. Rub a few drops into the scalp before washing your hair or add a few drops to your shampoo.

Massage it on the scalp to reduce hair fall. Aloe vera gel also works wonders. Massage the scalp with aloe gel, leave in for a few hours and then wash with lukewarm water. Aloe gel, coconut milk and wheat germ oil make a great hairconditioning treatment to help fight hair fall.

i recommend treating hair loss early, you can check this article about how to regrow hair and stop hair loss naturally.

Use pure Sarso (mustard) oil . And by pure I mean the one we get in villages and not the bottled one.Worked for me.

Reija do you think Vit E oil might help? I have found several links that may be of a little help -

1. http://www.med-health.net/Vitamin-E-For-Hair.html

2. http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/vitamin-e-for-hair-growth/

3. http://www.livestrong.com/article/537418-how-to-rub-vitamin-e-on-the-scalp-to-promote-hair-growth/

It certainly won't hurt and it is reasonably priced.
Thanks for sharing these helpful links. I have to share these with my best friend. He's a gay and dealing with some serious issues.

Thyroid can be controlled by doing yoga and walk.  If you have hypothyrodism coconut oil eucalyptus oil can reduce hair fall and improve hair density.

You can use hair extensions or lace wigs instead of medicines or hair transplant. 

Latest posts

Back