I never had acne until now...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I'm 25, live a pretty casual lifestyle, but all of a sudden, I've noticed my skin is breaking out like CRAZY! I never had acne as a teenager (honestly---never), and all of a sudden, I wake up these days with another blemish on my face (primarily my chin). I've been reading up on the potential causes of adult acne (read a couple of resource pages like http://www.skinmedix.com/is-my-lifestyle-causing-my-adult-acne/) but I'm still embarrassed to admit, I don't know what's causing it. I really don't eat a poor diet, get a good night's sleep, but I'm thinking is, maybe it's something in the air? Or maybe it's my skin reacting to something new? Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Sometimes a new product can cause it. Have you started using a new makeup product or skin care product? Sometimes just hormonal changes as you get older can cause it too.

Change in lifestyle or boyfriend?  Maybe his aftershave for example has something in it that irritates??

Usually pimples on the chin indicates that it is a hormonal issue, your body might just have changed and gotten a hormone imbalance for some reason. Or if you started using/changed birth control or something like that, then it could be the cause. You might want to go to the doctor and have your hormones checked to see if you could fix a potential imbalance.

If you have pimples all over your face, then I agree with the previous posters and it is probably due to some other change. Try to figure out if you changed skin care products, laundry detergent for your sheets, introduced or eliminated something from your diet, etc. and then go back to what you initially did.

It might be something unexpected, it wasn't until my boyfriend shaved his beard after movember that I realized that it was the cause of my new breakouts around my mouth.

A few years ago I had the very same problem as you have now and I believe hormons was the problem. It is important that you don't try to pop them yourself, better to visit a profesional because if you do it yourself it will get only worse as if not done the right way like 70% of piples goes deep inside and not out as you want. I had very good experience with this product here: http://www.madefromearth.com/green-tea-toxin-cleanser.html It helped me a lot and many friends said the same.

Yes, hormonal changes can be the reason for causing acne, and it can go worse if not taken proper care. I am a beauty expert and no matter how fast you want to get rid of the acne's, it will still take some times to disappear, as skin varies from person to person. I would recommend you to try Zerobelm. This serum helps to remove dead skin cells, and dirt from the pores and avoid clogging of painful skin eruptions, bumps, and redness. You can make a move! Best Luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back