Jay.Aitch.Gee

Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

So this is the first month I've been able to resist looking at my cheat (over a year subscriber now! very little will power) and my box isn't scheduled to arrive until next week. Well, I just got an email that said "shop your samples, earn 75 extra points" and not realizing, I looked at it and it shows samples. Can someone who has looked at their cheat or gotten their box tell me if the samples shown in the email are your actual samples, or just generic samples? I am hoping they aren't the ones I'm getting or else I just ruined the surprise for myself :( Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Lucky! I emailed CS about that last month and had to go through 2 different reps to get an answer (the header still read that you get 10pts for sharing). The first gave me just a canned response about inviting friends to join, and the 2nd rep have me 10pts since the header was still live. Jealous of your 20 ;)

I shared the box today to check, and I did not receive any points. I emailed, and the fairly stock reply was that they discontinued the 10 points for shares on social media program.

• Like 1

So this is the first month I've been able to resist looking at my cheat (over a year subscriber now! very little will power) and my box isn't scheduled to arrive until next week. Well, I just got an email that said "shop your samples, earn 75 extra points" and not realizing, I looked at it and it shows samples. Can someone who has looked at their cheat or gotten their box tell me if the samples shown in the email are your actual samples, or just generic samples? I am hoping they aren't the ones I'm getting or else I just ruined the surprise for myself :( Thanks in advance!

They aren't necessarily your samples :) some of them may be, but it's not all from this month's box or anything!

• Like 2

My box finally came. I had ordered the Amika primer spray as a bonus item and looks like it leaked. The whole box smells like it and had a stain. Luckily the spray was in a plastic bag so it was easier to clean up and didn't leak all the way. I'm happy with my box and looking forward to trying these especially the lip balm (my PYS) and the Borghese cleanser.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm getting the following:
* Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer

* Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

* ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner

* PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Detangling Leave-In Conditioner

* ARROW REVIVE Cooling Cheek Tint

Looks nice, I haven't tried any of these before.

• Like 2

Looks like a nice box @peardrop! I wonder how the Arrow Cheek tint is. Please let us know when you get your box and have a chance to try it. Would love to know. I was happy with my box because these are things I haven't received or tried before so anything new is always good. :)

• Like 1

Lucky! I emailed CS about that last month and had to go through 2 different reps to get an answer (the header still read that you get 10pts for sharing). The first gave me just a canned response about inviting friends to join, and the 2nd rep have me 10pts since the header was still live. Jealous of your 20 ;)

I always do my reviews in the app because I find it to be much quicker and the option to share is still there at the bottom of the review page. I double checked my account and the points were credited.

• Like 4

Looks like a nice box @peardrop! I wonder how the Arrow Cheek tint is. Please let us know when you get your box and have a chance to try it. Would love to know. I was happy with my box because these are things I haven't received or tried before so anything new is always good. :)

Sure, I will let you know as soon as it arrives. I am excited to try it, too. Although the sample size seems a bit tiny on Instagram photos, it will at least give an idea. :) 

Your box looks great too @@Reija did you try the Borghese cleanser yet? It looks interesting.

How do you like the lip balm?

• Like 1

I"m also curious about the cheek tint and the Borghese cleanser! Curious about how you gals like those products.

Re:  Points I also always do my review on the app, it's must faster and get points for sharing on social media.

• Like 2

I always do my reviews in the app because I find it to be much quicker and the option to share is still there at the bottom of the review page. I double checked my account and the points were credited.

Thanks for the tip! I just checked the app (after updating to the newest version), and I could share from there for points :D Which is great since I was 10 pts shy! 

• Like 1

I will use every thing but this box feels really sparse and not worth $10. After I see what sample choice is and unless the choice is worth $10 to me I'm taking a break.

I'm happy with the lip balm. I'm also excited to try the cleanser and the hair mask. I wish the perfume sample was a spray!!! I also wish the color of the polish was different. I have so many reds from boxes.

post-115772-0-25725000-1455324788_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Didn't try the Borghese cleanser yet but I'm planning on using it tonight. Didn't have a chance to try the lip balm yet either but will do that tonight.

• Like 1

Did all of you receive Dew the Hoola liquid bronzer foil sample in your February BBs?

I didn't get a foil only a card with pre ordering info

• Like 2

I used the Borghese cleanser and was pleasantly surprised. It felt nice and was deep cleaning but not drying. Really happy with this sample. I also like the Arrow lip balm. It's really moisturizing and didn't turn my lips pink like some other lip enhancing lip balms do.

• Like 3

I got my box yesterday.  It turns out it was just an ok box:

Cargo shadow stick:  the picture on my box page had 3 nice, neutral colors & I would have been happy with ANY one of those colors.  Image my surprise when I opened my Birchbox to find an electric turquoise color pencil.  My teen daughter loves it though & she immediately took it.  So, it worked out.

Loreal Mythic Oil Masque:  this sample is huge and smells really nice.  I hope my hair does well with it when I use it.

ModelCo. lip liner:  No one in my house will use this one.  Not BB's fault,  just not for me. Trading it.

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster:  this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.

Ren glycol mask:  My PYS - have used before and love it.  

• Like 1

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster: this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.

I have used the Paula's C15 super booster before, and I agree about the smell, but it IS an amazing product. Fortunately, the smell fades pretty quickly. I last used it this past summer, and it made my skin smooth, bright, and even - to the point where on several occasions, I didn't feel a need to use any face makeup. Just the C15 and a light moisturizer, and voila: even-toned, glowy skin!

(I love the product so much I can tolerate the initial smell, and while I know PC products avoid fragrance, and this fades pretty quickly, I just wish there was something to be done to make it less off-putting. In my opinion it smells like a combination of something medicinal, an old tea bag, and some kind of grill marinade...)

• Like 2

I got my box yesterday. It turns out it was just an ok box:

Cargo shadow stick: the picture on my box page had 3 nice, neutral colors & I would have been happy with ANY one of those colors. Image my surprise when I opened my Birchbox to find an electric turquoise color pencil. My teen daughter loves it though & she immediately took it. So, it worked out.

Loreal Mythic Oil Masque: this sample is huge and smells really nice. I hope my hair does well with it when I use it.

ModelCo. lip liner: No one in my house will use this one. Not BB's fault, just not for me. Trading it.

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster: this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.

Ren glycol mask: My PYS - have used before and love it.

The C15 is a fantastic product but yes it smells weird. To me it smells EXACTLY like hot dog water, lol! Like when my kids boil hotdogs and the water that's left over? That smell. It fades fast though.

• Like 3

I missed out on the PYS this month since they were all out by the time I noticed the link. Ironically this has been one of my best boxes in months.

I'm getting

·       The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Butter

·       Whish Renewing Mud Mask

·       Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick in Strumpet

·       PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Detangling Leave-In Conditioner

·       ARROW REVIVE Cooling Cheek Tint

post-99886-0-48402700-1455474535_thumb.png

• Like 5