How to keep the "Air bangs" little curls for the whole day time with hard thick hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
   I love the Korean air bangs so much! and I do have an air bangs on my forehead. But what make me feel super annoyed :(is that the bangs will become straight soon even if I use the ceramic curling iron to make it a little bit curl before I get out of my house.

Is there any way to help me keep the curl air bang for a long time instead for a while. Or maybe some way to turn my thick hard hair into thin and soft?

Do you use any hair styling products? Hair styling products before curling and after can help the curl stay longer.

I've got Asian hair and after shampoo & conditioning I apply Pro Naturals argan oil mainly to the ends & then stroke it through half the length. I don't put any on my roots or scalp. I also wear bangs and I put one drop on my hands and apply it only to the ends. When the hair is 80% dry I use my G3 styling iron to form the bangs.

If I stay in a fairly dry environment my bangs stay looking great but if I am in a humid atmosphere they drop out! Maybe if you "set" it with a hair spray it might help?

Do you use any hair styling products? Hair styling products before curling and after can help the curl stay longer.
I did try to use the hair spray, but the hair became harder and stick together :scared:  It is not as natural as the korean actress on the TV program. Is it possible to change our hair essence without damage?

I've got Asian hair and after shampoo & conditioning I apply Pro Naturals argan oil mainly to the ends & then stroke it through half the length. I don't put any on my roots or scalp. I also wear bangs and I put one drop on my hands and apply it only to the ends. When the hair is 80% dry I use my G3 styling iron to form the bangs.

If I stay in a fairly dry environment my bangs stay looking great but if I am in a humid atmosphere they drop out! Maybe if you "set" it with a hair spray it might help?
Hair spray made my bang stick together and became more harder.

I did try to use the hair spray, but the hair became harder and stick together :scared:  It is not as natural as the korean actress on the TV program. Is it possible to change our hair essence without damage?
Have you tried curling styling products such as a mousse? There are styling products that help with curling specifically.

Hair spray made my bang stick together and became more harder.
My apologies, you did mention that you used a spray but it made your hair sticky. I like Reija's suggestion of applying the mousse before curling your hair. If I want tighter curls I wait till my hair is 80% dry, rub some argan oil through and then I use my G3 Salon Pro curling wand, it has 1/2" - 1" tapered barrel. You could then use a hair spray to "set" the curls. I prefer not to because for me it looks too stiff and doesn't move naturally.

I really like Alterna Caviar working hair spray because it's not like traditional hair sprays. It doesn't make the hair stiff.
I will try it immediately and thank you so so so...much for giving me advice :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My apologies, you did mention that you used a spray but it made your hair sticky. I like Reija's suggestion of applying the mousse before curling your hair. If I want tighter curls I wait till my hair is 80% dry, rub some argan oil through and then I use my G3 Salon Pro curling wand, it has 1/2" - 1" tapered barrel. You could then use a hair spray to "set" the curls. I prefer not to because for me it looks too stiff and doesn't move naturally.
I should thank you, no need to apologize :lol:  

Seeing the curling wand you mentioned, it reminds me one thing so stupid and it was happen to me.

One day, i used the curling wand which was heat and the wand's temperature was up to 200 to curl my bangs. Unfortunately, my forehead was scalded accidentally when I was distracted at that time.

Four little scars were left on my forehead, it looks like a mark or part of the barcode.......

Now the scar has disappeared, thank god!!!

Oops, sorry to take you such a long time to read my stupid story and i am a little bit out of the track.

Anyway, i will try to use the mousse Reija mentioned, the argan oil you said and follow the step you did to see if the natural air bangs will become minds. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Andy Glad the 4 scars are gone. I think Reija's suggestion is good, in fact I will be trying the Alterna Caviar myself. 

Back