Do I have slightly hooded eyes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've always thought I had slightly hooded eyes, though a friend of mine disagrees.

So now I'm questioning if my eyes really are slightly hooded, or if she just personally doesn't have an understanding of what makes a person's eyes hooded or slightly hooded

So maybe you guys could clear it up for me? I struggle to do shadows and liners the way non-hooded eyes have no problem doing it. But any time I hear a person with hooded/slightly hooded eyes talking about their struggles, i'm just like "Me too!!"

I feel like the fact that the "flap" nearly covers the eyelid completely in the middle when my eyes are open at a neutral level would determine that these are definitely semi-hooded.

So, what do you guys think? Thanks for your help!

eyes.jpg

Hi! Welcome to MUT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I would say your eyelids are slightly hooded but they are very pretty. Many people have hooded eyes. I have the same thing except mine are fully. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  There are certain techniques you can do to help open the eyes up more (using a light eye shadow in the middle etc). If you google hooded eye makeup there are many tutorials on youtube. I don't worry about mine too much. I just wear makeup the way I want to wear it and experiment with different looks. Once you try a few different looks, you'll find ones that you like the best.

Here is one video that explains the proper placement of the crease for hooded eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS6gI67U_fw

Latest posts

Back