Frizzy, Poofy, Wavy Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the largest, frizziest hair ever. I've tried almost everything, diy projects, co washing, everything. Nothing works, every time I was my hair it does the same thing, while it's still damp, it's curly, but when it dries and I comb it, it frizzes. Does anyone have any tips for how to help my hair?? Anything is appreciated!

Hi JadeFinn! Welcome to MUT! Have you tried hair oils? I like hair oils for keeping the hair from getting frizzy. You just have to be careful not to over apply or the oil will weigh down the hair too much. If you apply it when the hair is damp, it helps to seal the surface of the hair. Also there are curling mousses that help to keep the curl in tact when the hair dries.

This is what works for me.

1)  I reverse wash.  I put conditioner on the bottom 2/3 of my hair and then wash my scalp only.  I dilute my shampoo and keep it in a foaming dispenser which helps avoid using too much cleanser.

Reverse washing works for me because I have fine hair and an oily scalp.  Your results might be different if your hair is course or dry.

2)  I keep a gallon of distilled water in my shower with 1/2 tbsp of citric acid and 1/4 cup of epson salts.  I rinse with 8-12 ounces before getting out of the shower.  I add a few ounces of hot water from the showerhead to take the chill off.  If I used it straight, I'd reduce the amount of citric acid because 1/2 tbsp in a gallon of water is a bit harsh.

The citric acid tightens the cuticle of the hair making it appear smoother.  Epson salts add texture and enhance the curl.

3)  ***This is the important part***  I keep a comb in the shower and comb my hair while it's still dripping wet.  I then wrap it in a towel and I don't touch it with a comb again.  This helps the curl stay tight and smooth.  If I comb it, it immediately gets frizzy.

4)  I finish with a very small amount of serum that contains silicone.  I like Miss Jessie's products, but I've just started using Parlor Curl Cream which is a lighter weight product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try sulphate-free shampoo and mix it with some lukewarm water and then apply it on the hair.

Use essential hair oils and massage your scalp gently. Stick to good wavy hair care routine and follow the steps for maximum benefits.

Carbonated water (such as club soda, soda water or sparkling water) is one of the best options for treating frizzy hair at home.

Carbonated water is made by using pressure to dissolve carbon dioxide gas in water. This water has low pH levels that help fight frizz caused by humidity.

Simply rinse your hair with carbonated water after each regular shampooing. This will soothe and tame the frizz, but you need to follow this remedy for quite some time.

I have cirly hair and to have  smooth hair I use oils! Coconut oil! Coconut oil is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft. There are several types of coconut oil available, but go for the extra virgin (EVCO). This oil is typically clear in its liquid form and a white color that is solid at room temperature. Shelf life: approximately 1-2 years. More about oils

I have the largest, frizziest hair ever. I've tried almost everything, diy projects, co washing, everything. Nothing works, every time I was my hair it does the same thing, while it's still damp, it's curly, but when it dries and I comb it, it frizzes. Does anyone have any tips for how to help my hair?? Anything is appreciated!
My granddaughter is the one with shoulder length curly hair that tends to frizz if just left to it's own devices. I recently sent her the Karmin 4 step hair repair system & Karmin included the heat protection & shining spray in the order. This product line includes argan oil. Maya is over the moon because now after air drying her hair she just sprays a little of the heat protection & shining spray and runs her fingers through her hair then uses the cool shot on her blow dryer to set it - no more frizz but lots of shine.

I've got the exact same type of hair. To combat it, I never ever brush it while dry! This just makes it so much poofier. Instead I comb through it with my fingers when its wet and then leave it once it dries.

Also, using natural shampoos has helped tremendously. My favorite brand is Morocco Method, I think it helps because it doesn't dry out my hair, so it in turn doesn't get frizzy. It also doesn't completely strip it of moisture, so it doesn't get as poofy.

Lastly, use oil in your hair tips as previously recommended. This helps tremendously, just don't use too much or your hair will look greasy. Pretty much any oil is good for this.

a great product to try is a product called Sexy curly hair. It is a cream styling product this means it will leave your hair soft vs, stiff and crunchy. Also try a deep conditioner once a week, frizzy hair needs moisture!

I can definitely offer some styling suggestions and tricks to help you tame your mane :)

I understand your pain because it becomes very much difficult to manage your curly hair on daily basis if your are going to school or an office. But let me recommend you one of the best hair smoothing treatment I done my self is GKhair The Best JUVEXIN Treatment. One customized and advanced formula for varying results for smooth, soft and shiny hair. Only one application will keep your hair smooth, soft, strong, healthier and straight for up-to 5 months. A little bit an expensive product but the price worth it because your hair deserve it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

global-keratin-gk-hair-the-best-hair-taming-system-27.gif

Living with frizzy hair really sucks.

Frizzy hair is hard to love. It’s not sleek and silky, it’s not curly and adorable and it’s not wavy and sexy. It’s just…frizzy.
As the temperature rises, so does frizz. On a humid summer day, 
your perfectly blown-out mane can turn into a hot mess as soon as you step out from the air conditioning. 
To fight back against frizzy hair,Along with Hair Products healthy Diet and food should be taken for healthy and strong hair.

Diet too plays an important role in keeping the skin and hair healthy.The Best Foods for Hair Growth
Eggs, Berries, Spinach, Fatty Fish, Sweet Potatoes, Nuts Seeds
All the Food Products are loaded with beneficial compounds and vitamins that promote healthy hair

Causes for frizzy hair

Your hair can get dry because your scalp doesn't make enough oil to moisturize your hair, 
or your hair lets moisture escape. Your scalp isn't making enough moisture.
As you age, your hair naturally makes less oil. Since the roots are under your skin,
dry scalp goes along with dry hair.
Frizz occurs due to a lack of moisture in the hair. This causes hair to seek moisture from the air around it, which is why humidity often makes matters worse. 
In addition to the weather and hair’s lack of moisture, 
There are many reasons that can leave your hair more vulnerable to frizz. 

How to tame frizzy hair

• Choose a sulfate-free shampoo.
  • Always use a conditioner.
  • Let your hair air dry 90% of the way before blow-drying.
  • Use a hydrating mask once a week.
  • Incorporate coconut oil into your hair routine.
The Best Products for Frizzy Hair

1. Pai-shau Tea Infused Hair Care.
  2. Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy.
  3. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist.
  4. Schwarzkopf BC Repair Rescue Sealed Ends. 
  5. CaptainEco 5-Stage Shower Filter.
  6. Kevin.Murphy Easy.Rider Anti-Frizz Crème.
  7. Bumble and bumble Bb.Curl Pre Style/Re-Style Primer.
  8. SachaJuan Shine Serum. 
  9. .Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Oil-In-Cream.
Few Tips for Frizzy hair

• Don’t Over-Process Frizzy Hair
  • Don’t Over Use Hot Tools on Frizzy Hair
  • Don’t Blow Dry All of Your Frizzy Hair
  • Choose the Best Bristles for Frizzy Hair
  • Don’t Brush Frizzy Hair When It’s Dry
  • Moisturize Your Hair
  • Don’t over wash
  • Select the best shampoo for your frizzy hair.

Latest posts

Back