Reija

Birchbox March 2016 **Spoilers**

Getting:

• Trestique Color and Smudge Eyeshadow crayon (not a product type that I use, curious if it will be the full size or a small sample)
  • Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub (got this in a guest editor box a while back, found it average)
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut (have not been enthralled with any Living Proof products, but I'll try this)
  • Amika Dry Shampoo (PYS, going in the gym bag)
  • Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum (umm...ok, I will try it)

I'm feeling very meh about the box. It is fine. I'm very happy there is no perfume, since that is always useless for me. I'm in my 3rd year of subscription on this account (2012ish, then two in a row), and I wonder if I'm just at that point where Birchbox can't send me things that have anything to do with my profile. I've been trying to use more samples instead of just swapping them, but I could honestly swap four items in this box and not even care.

At least the points are nice every month. :D

Edited by DoctorToaster
  • Like 3

Getting:

• Trestique Color and Smudge Eyeshadow crayon (not a product type that I use, curious if it will be the full size or a small sample)
  • Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub (got this in a guest editor box a while back, found it average)
  • Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut (have not been enthralled with any Living Proof products, but I'll try this)
  • Amika Dry Shampoo (PYS, going in the gym bag)
  • Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum (umm...ok, I will try it)

I'm feeling very meh about the box. It is fine. I'm very happy there is no perfume, since that is always useless for me. I'm in my 3rd year of subscription on this account (2012ish, then two in a row), and I wonder if I'm just at that point where Birchbox can't send me things that have anything to do with my profile. I've been trying to use more samples instead of just swapping them, but I could honestly swap four items in this box and not even care.

At least the points are nice every month. :D

I've been with birchbox for at least two years now and I don't get hardly any products that match my profile anymore (and haven't for the past year at least) but there are still TONS of samples that WOULD match my profile that I never get.  So I won't be giving Birchbox a pass for consistently failing me and my profile with their boxes to me, lol!

Edited by H_D
  • Like 2

So I won't be giving Birchbox a pass for consistently failing me and my profile with their boxes to me, lol!

Haha, true. Sometimes I think it is an algorithm that weighs likelihood of cancelling versus matching your profile. So a newer profile would be more likely to walk away if the first few boxes are too random; an older profile is lower risk of loss, so they just send whatever. 

• Like 3

Haha, true. Sometimes I think it is an algorithm that weighs likelihood of cancelling versus matching your profile. So a newer profile would be more likely to walk away if the first few boxes are too random; an older profile is lower risk of loss, so they just send whatever. 

Oh yes, this definitely seems like what is happening, haha! :) Honestly, I get better items (MUCH better) in my "free" Mystery pack with my orders than with my actual birchbox. 

• Like 2

I've been really curious about Milk Makeup (mainly the eye marker and lip marker) and wondered if they were going to let subscription services send out their stuff, so I'm glad to see that they are. I hope they send their products out to some of my subs!

• Like 1

I've hit the one year mark and the boxes and it seems like the only way to avoid crappy boxes is to always go with the curated.  I can't believe some people are actually getting double perfume this month.  That seems like a mistake.  Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp. 

• Like 1

I've hit the one year mark and the boxes and it seems like the only way to avoid crappy boxes is to always go with the curated.  I can't believe some people are actually getting double perfume this month.  That seems like a mistake.  Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp. 

Sadly I never really like the curated boxes though! I'd rather take my chances with a regular box.

• Like 1

They have a Pinrose starter set in the bb shop for $11, it contains a 'petal' of each of the 10 fragrances, they all sound interesting so I'm thinking about getting this. Plus I like to make small purchases like this to build up points, just in case they have an amazing summer limited edition box this year. 

I think I'll stop getting the curated boxes for a while, as long as they can be bought in the shop. I liked the contents of this months' curated box but I like the design on the regular box better.

• Like 2

Although I would love to know what Garden Gangster smells like. Maybe I will get it in a msp.

"Garden Gangster" sounds like a parody song or something. I'm picturing a music video with a gang of middle aged ladies in floppy hats acting tough, brandishing their gardening shears and selling black market topsoil.

(I have a vivid imagination.)

I think my favorite perfume name in the Birchbox shop is Etat Libre d'Orange's "Fat Electrician"

I don't think you need my imagination to envision that one....

• Like 5

I have only been a subscriber to Birchbox since October and, I must say, the boxes have gone downhill in just that small amount of time. I chose the curated box this month and was looking forward to trying the MILK lipstick. I just received the box today and actually laughed out loud at the ridiculously tiny size of this item. I understand it's a "sample", but come on! So very disappointing. 

• Like 1

Got my box today--the Pinrose perfumes are towelettes...dumb.

The Cargo eyeshadow duo is pretty, the 'Beach' and 'Bridge' colors. A bit warm and shimmery for me, but I can probably use them in the summer.

• Like 1

Yay for 6-item box! Thou there are 3 repeat items for me:

* theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac

* Clarisonic Sonic Radiance AM Skin Illuminating Cleanser

* trèStiQue Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon

* Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

* Number 4™ Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque

* Number 4™ Clarifying Shampoo

• Like 1

I got my curated box yesterday. Yes, everything is tiny, but I know I'll use them! The lipstick is a gorgeous color on me, the eyeshadow will go in my travel bag, I already used the eye mask and it was great and actually not $$$ in the store! Counting this month as a win.

• Like 4

I was so excited for my box since I finally got two makeup products, one which I really wanted- the tresique eyeshadow crayon, but when it came today, I got the only color I didn't want, the green one. :( So sad. I wanted the pink or the brown one really badly.

• Like 1

My box still has not shipped. Hmmm.

Mine, too :( They created the tracking number 2 days ago but it is still non-existent on USPS system.

I got the featured box today. I like it fine, but the lipstick is Avon sample size! And mine broke when I applied it. Whoop whomp. Poor packaging!

• Like 1

I got my featured box too and yes the lipstick sample is tiny! At least it's a color I like so I'm excited to try it. Sorry yours broke @Bizgirlva. I'll see what happens when I try mine. The smashbox trio is small too but I'm looking forward to trying it.

I got the featured box today. I like it fine, but the lipstick is Avon sample size! And mine broke when I applied it. Whoop whomp. Poor packaging!

Mine broke too! But its a pretty color and still usable, it actually looks nice on me. The bad thing about it is that it seriously dried out my lips though. And I've been using the little smashbox trio for the past few days and its pretty convenient if you're in a rush, I forgot how blendable some eyeshadows are over others, these are great to work with and I love that they're matte.

• Like 3

Mine, too :( They created the tracking number 2 days ago but it is still non-existent on USPS system.

I just got a tracking number yesterday evening, and it is also non-existent. 

I just shoved the little bullet back in the package and applied it. I'm no stranger to using broken lipstick. And i just replaced my missing retractible lip brush with another one from Sephora so I can happily use all my broken lip items.

My main account box should arrive today, it also has a Smashbox trio in it, I'm curious if it'll be the same shades as the featured box.  I also love that they're matte too!

• Like 1

I just shoved the little bullet back in the package and applied it. I'm no stranger to using broken lipstick. And i just replaced my missing retractible lip brush with another one from Sephora so I can happily use all my broken lip items.

My main account box should arrive today, it also has a Smashbox trio in it, I'm curious if it'll be the same shades as the featured box.  I also love that they're matte too!

Please share! I purchased the curated box and am also getting a Smashbox in my regular box- but it won't arrive until next week- I am really curious (and hopeful) if it will be different colors

• Like 1

Please share! I purchased the curated box and am also getting a Smashbox in my regular box- but it won't arrive until next week- I am really curious (and hopeful) if it will be different colors

Mine was the same shades. whomp whomp.

Both were Filter trio's with vanilla, sable and sumatra shades. My extra one will go up for trade.

• Like 1

I used the Smashbox trio today to do my eye makeup and loved it. The formula of the shadows is great and so easy to apply.

• Like 3