What's your daily make-up routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I keep it pretty simple I think, just foundation (brands I use vary), blush (currently using UD Afterglow in Rapture, will switch in spring to NYX Flamingo), Eyeliner (Avon glimmersticks diamonds in a navy blue, don't know exact name), eyshadow (Ulta Twilight) and Mascara (L'oreal Voluminous).

Great topic!

Mine is pretty simple most days too. A tinted moisturizer or bb/cc cream (I rotate between about 5 products), simple eye makeup with 1-3 colors of eye shadow, liner and mascara. A little powder or cream blush and simple lip with a gloss or nude colored lipstick. Some days I set the makeup with powder and some days not. I'm all over the place with my makeup. Yesterday I had more of a full makeup today I'm going pretty minimal.

I'm pretty simple with my day or "work" look.  Moisturizer, a good BB or CC foundation + a dab of under-eye concealer and light once-over with mineral powder. Then I do an eyelash curl, with black liner and a light nude or grey eyeshadow look.  I don't wear blush or lipstick (I've never got the hang of lipstick-I just lick it off-LOL!), and I don't need mascara as I am fortunate to have natural thick black eyelashes. 

I used to play with makeup a lot and I still love it, however, I find that as I get older less is definitely more. I find I can't wear many of the darker or bright colors anymore and have to be careful of some foundations that cake in the wrinkles. Thank God for the BB's and CC's! On weekends that's generally all I'll wear. 

I don't have a daily routine besides lipstick because I'm just too lazy. Ideally id like to add brows shadow and mascara. I'm not a big foundation wearer unless its expensive date night or a youtube video.

Personally I dont wear makeup unless I am going to be out and about. Helps keep my skin clear. When I do wear makeup anything goes really! I usually wear double wear foundation either mixed with moisturizer or on its own (evening) but today I just threw on some wnw reserve your cabana powder and some sephora serum concealer with a little bit of marc jacobs eyeshadow, hourglass blush and mascara. Various lipsticks throughout the day.  It was a minimal makeup day.

Just wondered what primer everyone uses in their daily makeup routine?? I use Clinique foundation (which I love) and a Clinique primer that I'm not finding very good as my skin is very oily so I feel the foundation slides off my face?!

Just wondered what primer everyone uses in their daily makeup routine?? I use Clinique foundation (which I love) and a Clinique primer that I'm not finding very good as my skin is very oily so I feel the foundation slides off my face?!
I've been using samples of the Smashbox primer oil and Benefit Poreless primer and they are both good. The benefit primer provides more of a matte canvas and the Smashbox is more moisturizing helping with fine lines. I also really like Estee Lauder Idealist and have used it on and off for years. It's not really a primer per say (you use it under a moisturizer) but it helps with hiding pores.

Last edited by a moderator:
My day to day makeup consists of moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealor, brows, mascara, and lipstick. It's weird I only put eyeshadow or eyeliner on on the weekends or for going out to dinner during the week or something like that.

• Brows - Anastasia brow pencil 
  • clear gel on eyebrows/eyelashes - red-cherry (one side is a eyebrow gel and the other for lashes 
  • primer -The professional benefit
  • foundation - L'Oreal pairs infallible
  • powder - Phytogenic   
takes me about 10 minutes if i am feeling real ambitious i will add mascara ,lipstick or highlighter  

Pretty new to the makeup scene, but my daily routine is a subtle look. I use moisturizer, then foundation, under eye highlighter, blush (I use Perricone MD's No Blush Blush and it looks so natural!), clear mascara, very very minimal eyeliner, and lipstick.

I followed Lisa Eldridge's "no makeup" tutorial for ideas. My look ends up similar to that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use one from Murad. Its comparable to the Smashbox photo finish but way lighter plus has SPF.

I use a CC cream, concealer under eyes, lip corners, round the nose, some powder. On the eyes i usually wear just a single shimmery neutral or warm brown/beige shade, some brown pencil eyeliner, sometimes black liquid liner or no liner and lots and lots of mascara. I use some brow shadow on the brows, blush, sometimes some highlighter, and my favorite part, any lipstick I fancy that day ( I have around 90 and still want more, damn it) and sometimes lip liner too. 

Daily Routine (a little bit high-maintenance, but I love applying my makeup in the morning)

• Primer (Smash box primer oil or L.M hydrating primer)
  • Hourglass Hyaluronic Skin Tint
  • Lancome Effacernes Conclear under the eyes
  • IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes
  • Brows - NYX Cosmetics Brow Tint Gel and NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil
  • Set under eyes with Bare Minerals Well Rested powder
  • Set face with L.M translucent powder or Bare Minerals Face Veil
  • Bronzer (not all the time, usually my Pixi bronzer)
  • Blush - been loving the Stila convertible color in Peony
  • Highlighter - either my broken Hourglass Champagne Pop or MAC Lightscapade
  • Eyeshadow - been loving my Marc Jacobs Lotlita Palette
  • Mascara - Lancome eyelash primer and then Jane Iredale Longest Lash mascara (so good!!!)
  • Lips - Benefit Benebalm lipbalm
  • Spray MAC Fix+ then Urban Decay All Nighter

Been using this routine so much it only takes me around 15 minutes

Today I had more time to do a full face makeup so this is what I used

Guerlain BB foundation sample -really nice, very light and great coverage

Guerlain pressed foundation powder applied with a brush as a setting powder

Ciate London blush/bronzer duo

Mac blush

Mac beauty powder as a highlighter

YSL eye quad

YSL eye liner sample -love this, will have to buy the full size when this runs out

Clarins lip perfector sample size ( I left my lips very plain because I made my eyes more dark)

For me, after moisturizer and sunscreen:

face primer (Smashbox or MAC)

eye primer (usually Elizabeth Mott)

foundation (MAC and Sephora's 10 Hr)

bake my undereye with a banana powder (using the Ofra one)

contour with City Color Cosmetics contour kit

blush it up (currently using the blush from a Tarte Double Duty palette)

set and blend face powders with youngblood loose mineral powder

slap on some eyeshadows

see how sassy I can get my eyeliner

apply mascaras (usually Smashbox and Benefit's roller lash)

then eyebrows (Ulta black/brown automatic liner set with abh dark brown pomade)

finally I highlight with Becca's Opal or wnw Cabana bronzer

I don't use concealer because the foundations I use are pretty full coverage and I don't always wear lipstick but I usually use Stila's Sophie or Nude Embrace from Maybelline when I want to feel 'finished'.

STEP 1: FOUNDATION (Dry skin - NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer)
STEP 2: CONCEALER (Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat)
STEP 3: POWDER 
STEP 4: BRONZER
STEP 5: BLUSH
STEP 6: EYES (petal pink)
STEP 7: LIPS (bareMinerals Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind)

AND YOU’RE DONE!

Here is what I'm wearing today

Dior BB cream

Chanel Les Beiges powder (love this powder, I've had it for a year and the bottom is now showing so I'll probably have to by another one in about 2-3 months)

Too Faced Bronzer/illuminizer

Mac blush

YSL eye primer

Stila palette for eyes(love the blendability of these shadows (thank you my secret santa, I absolutely love this palette)

UD 24/7 eye pencil

Dior diorshow waterproof mascara (it's raining here in So Cal)

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip liner

Jouer lip cream

Latest posts

Back