Foundation sticks lasting longer than liquid foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm internally crying because I just spent $42 on the .31 oz Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick.

To me, that is positively outrageous for something that isn't even a full ounce.

However, I bought it because after a long struggle of not finding the right foundation for me (because my previous go-to's formula has changed) I was ready to pay the bucks for something I find works after wasting far too much money on trying other foundations that don't work for me.

However, I've heard and read a lot of people telling me not to fret so much about the price because a small foundation stick is essentially the same amount of actual product payoff as a larger liquid foundation. Something about the compactness

I was wondering if you all felt like this was true as well? Experiences?

I've found that foundation sticks last a long time. You should be able to get some value out of it. With foundation sticks you don't need as much because you just apply it where you need coverage and then blend. Daily use will make it go faster but Lancome is a good brand. It's expensive but I'm sure worth it. Enjoy your purchase! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'd say that they are pretty similar in usage. I used to adore the Makeup Forever HD Foundation Stick. I'd apply a bit to my chin, cheek bones, forehead and nose then take a flat top powder brush and buff it in. Just a little bit went a long way and I noticed that I was actually using less product than I would with a liquid. In a pinch I stopped by Target to buy a  foundation until I could order more online, and I noticed that Elf cosmetics (which is a more affordable brand) had a Foundation Stick as well. I purchased one for contouring and one for an actual foundation. I was extremely shocked that a $6.00 drugstore foundation had the same coverage, texture, and longevity as the one I had been paying $43.00 for. Everyone's skin is different, but I haven't purchased the MUFE Foundation Stick in about 2 years now. If you get a chance to try a foundation stick that's dark enough to contour with, you should give it a go! The consistency blends incredibly well.

Back