Bieng called ugly , then being called pretty ?? Confused and annoyed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not mad , just kinda slightly annoyed and it's been bugging me for a while , first of all I remember during my primary school days these girls calling me ugly behind my back , I was often bullied , but looking back photos I thought that I was quite a cute kid , so I assumed that they were just saying that , during highschool everyone always used to compliment people on how pretty they looked , I never was ever called pretty ,which I was fine with but still I remembered Bieng bullied quite a bit , just after I left high school I met new people,

Suddenly I was called pretty , even though I looked the exact same I was in highschool , this is gonna sound very vein but I do think I'm pretty , but was always annoyed that people acted as though I was this ugly monster thing , I could never say "they only called me ugly because they were jelouse " as many other people especially in highschool were called pretty , I just want to know why people acted this way , I was shy in school , but would people call me ugly just because I'm shy ? I would very much like some answers please because It has been annoying and has defenitely lowered my self esteem , thanks.

First of all welcome to Makeup Talk @@Charl237!

School can be a really hard place for some people, and bullying is a very common thing so don't feel ashamed about it. During those stages of life people can be very judgmental. For example, people used to call me a little bit chubby, so then I tried to become more skinny. Once I lost some weight, people told me I needed to gain some. It seems like you can never be perfect for some people, they will always critic you. Sometimes people who are more shy might seem more vulnerable, easier targets for bullying. Just remember if you like yourself, that is all that matters! You are going to be the only person that is going to be right beside you your whole life, so just do what makes you happy! You seem like a beautiful person on the inside, and most likely the same out. Don't have people lower you self esteem, but just embrace what you have and remember that those are only opinions. Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know how you feel, been there. Just don't mind them. Just be yourself and remember this: if people are talking about you behind your back, then just fart!  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

I hope i made you smile

Back