Julep March 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the collection for March. Thoughts?

Julep March 2016 collection.png

Julep march collection 2016.png

Here are pictures of the jellies and the liners. Thanks for pointing it out @! I forgot to put the pictures in. The jellies do look interesting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi, I am new. Can you please tell what a jellie is? Thank you!
Hi @! Welcome! The jellies are polishes with a jelly like finish. They are quite sheer but multiple coats will make the color show more. You can also layer them over other polishes and create custom color combos. They are really fun.

I was able to customize a box for the first time this month.  I have been a Maven since 2013 and never upgraded to the customizing, but I always had the "skip" option.  I was really impressed at all the choices available to customize.  I have been loving the holographic polishes, so I ended up choosing a box with both the holo jellies (I hope the formula is good) and the teal eyeliner.

This is one of the first months I've skipped.  I'm not super crazy about the metallic polishes, because they tend to be messy and difficult to work with for me.  I also already have tons of the eye gliders, although I think the electric teal shimmer one was tempting.

My box arrived yesterday - so fast! I picked up both of the holo-jellies and am a little obsessed with them.  I'm wearing Yiyi (the pinky purple one) and can't stop looking at my nails.  It really gorgeous although did take a solid 3-4 coats to get to the depth of colour I wanted. . . which is, I know, about standard for a jelly. . . but before that, I didn't find the purple tone to be coming through much.  The holos really come through the layers of jelly though so there's a lot of depth.  Haven't tried the other one yet.  I also picked up another "It's Balm" in a lighter shade.  Although I didn't originally like them much, working in a school in the winter has changed my tune!

My box arrived yesterday - so fast! I picked up both of the holo-jellies and am a little obsessed with them.  I'm wearing Yiyi (the pinky purple one) and can't stop looking at my nails.  It really gorgeous although did take a solid 3-4 coats to get to the depth of colour I wanted. . . which is, I know, about standard for a jelly. . . but before that, I didn't find the purple tone to be coming through much.  The holos really come through the layers of jelly though so there's a lot of depth.  Haven't tried the other one yet.  I also picked up another "It's Balm" in a lighter shade.  Although I didn't originally like them much, working in a school in the winter has changed my tune!
I got my Julep box with both the holo jellies too.  I am also wearing Yiyi and I'm really happy with it.  A couple of coats and it's gorgeous.  

Latest posts

Back