What's the most varied sub you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like to ask questions that go more in depth on our favorite (and not so favorite subs).  Much like my former topic on changing subs (found here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/138208-changing-subs-what-companies-have-stayed-consistent-which-ones-have-gotten-better-worse/), this time I'm asking you which subs you have that provide the most varied products?  I think one of the biggest complaints around is that boxes get stale after a time - you can only have so many shampoo foils and teeny mini-bottles of perfume.

So what's the best "bang" for your buck?

Julep greatly expanded their offerings, so for me, that's the top - but that's because I've generally been subbed to one type of box.  Since I've switched from all polish to polish + beauty, I've gotten body creams, hand creams, nail tools, makeup/makeup tools, nail tats, polishes, removers, and been exposed to an amazing line of cream eye shadows you can just draw on (and don't irritate my contacts), and a crazy gel eyeliner.

This isn't limited to subs that include any one type of item!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should add, by the nature of the sub, The Fantasy Box (adult subscription) has incredible variations.  For G-rated purposes, I won't go into details, but I have yet to receive a repeat item in a year.

I would say the Zoe Report box is one of the best without a doubt but is also expensive. I like Julep too now that they offer more variations. I like Birchbox because they have so many different things in their online store and great limited edition boxes with different products. And their point system is great too.

I've stopped a number of subs because I kept getting the same brands/items over and over again. Other than my K beauty subs, I kept Pop Sugar. This is one of my favorites because I get a variety of different types of products, home decor, jewelry, skincare, makeup, books, and treats to name a few. I've not been happy with their special edition boxes so stay away from them and just stick with the monthly subscription. I caught a deal on a 6 month subscription, so the price I'm paying now I feel like i'm getting a good deal and finding fun new products to try. 

I would say the Zoe Report box is one of the best without a doubt but is also expensive. I like Julep too now that they offer more variations. I like Birchbox because they have so many different things in their online store and great limited edition boxes with different products. And their point system is great too.
I have a love/hate relationship with Birchbox.  Half my box is varied items, while the other samples are repeats.  I've gotten a lot of Amika hair products with some repeats, but in say 4 boxes with Amika only, I'll get 5 different makeup samples.

I've stopped a number of subs because I kept getting the same brands/items over and over again. Other than my K beauty subs, I kept Pop Sugar. This is one of my favorites because I get a variety of different types of products, home decor, jewelry, skincare, makeup, books, and treats to name a few. I've not been happy with their special edition boxes so stay away from them and just stick with the monthly subscription. I caught a deal on a 6 month subscription, so the price I'm paying now I feel like i'm getting a good deal and finding fun new products to try. 
I have felt the same way on several subs.  I do believe many of them send a huge variance the first few boxes, then start you in the groove of things they get cheap/free/leftover which is usually lesser brands.

Back