What Sub Box Products Did You Use Today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realized I used so many products from various sub boxes today. I thought it would be fun to start a topic where we share sub box products that we use/used in our daily beauty routine.

These are the products I used today that were from sub boxes:

Davines moisturizing shampoo (Birchbox samples) - was pleasantly surprised this

Parlor Smoothing blow dry spray (Birchbox, loved this. It made my hair so smooth and looked like I used a straightening iron even though I didn't.

Soap (Kloverbox)

One Love Organics body serum mixed with a body moisturizer (Zoe Report Box)

Smashbox eye shadow trio (Birchbox)

Le Metier De Beaute (makeup base)

Aerin Kaleidoscope (Glossybox)

Milk makeup lipstick (Birchbox)

Eyeko eye liner (Glossybox)

The other products I used weren't from sub boxes and this list is already long :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> .

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this is fun, and for me a bit scary, ha! The products I used from sub boxes today are:

Victoria Secret Coconut Milk Hydrating body lotion - PSMH
Hada Labo Tokyo Skin Plumping Gel Cream - 3B
D'ran wonder snail treatment cream - Mishibox
D'Ran Aqua wander intensive renewing essence - Mishibox
Konjac Sponge - Allure
Make up Forever setting powder - Allure
Covergirl Lash Blast Plumpify Mascara - Allure
Covergirl Eyeliner - Allure
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - Allure
Wella Oil Relflections Anti Oxidant Smoothing Oil - Allure

Plus I had snacks from Graze and cooked a meal from my Home Chef sub. And my dog had treats and a new toy from his sub  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I have a problem LOL. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think this is everything I used from yesterday.Today I haven't bothered with makeup or getting dressed for that matter. 

• Number 4 Fluro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil - Birchbox
  • Arrow Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm - Birchbox 
  • Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream - Birchbox 
  • Davines This Is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - Birchbox (Mystery Box) 
  • Lioele Eyelash Curler - 3B
  • Skinfood My Short Cake Setting Mascara - 3B
  • Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows Red - Ipsy (points)
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Dim Infusion - Choix 
  • Bdellium Tools Studio Blending Brush 776 - Ipsy 
  • Secret Key Witch Hazel Toner - 3B
Also I didn't know if I should include these or not but these are things I've spent my Birchbox points on. I used them yesterday as well. 

• Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel
  • MD Solar Sciences MD Creme Mineral Beauty Balm Light/Medium 
  • TokyoMilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection Eau De Parfum Everything & Nothing 

So much of my daily items are sub box items that I'm trying to finish. Today I used:

-Coola Mineral Sunscreen in Cucumber (Birchbox)

-Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara (Glossybox)

-Cynthia Rowley Black Eyeliner (Birchbox)

-ModelCo Lip Illusion Lip Liner (Birchbox)

-Vasanti Face Wash (Birchbox)

-My Chelle Fruit Enzyme Face Scrub (I think this came in a really old Blissmo box?)

-Bvlgari Eau De Blanc Body Wash (Glossybox)

-Fortune Cookie Soap Bubblegum Lip Scrub (FCS box)

-Nourish Organics Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum (Popsugar)

-Lather Ultra Light Face Moisturizer (Ipsy)

Damn I obviously have a sub box problem if like 90% of my routine is sub box items.

Wow. 

If Influenster counts - Loreal extraordinary oil shampoo and conditioner

Ipsy - Perfectly Posh exfoliating face wash

Ipsy - MeMeMe powder brush

Ipsy - Pixi by Petra Duo (blush and highlight today)

Ipsy - Pixi by Petra bronzer

Birchbox - Stila HUGE mascara

Birchbox - Rusk Elixir Mist

Glossybox - Luxie Angled brush

Glossybox - Eyeko liner

I never realized how many of my sub items I use in a day. 

Edit: Add Glossybox - Melted Lipstick in Chihuahua. I solved the watery problem and like it. It's very close to my natural lip color actually. 

These are the items I actually received in boxes, but some of the other things I use daily I bought after trying them out from a sub box. I love trying new things!

Chella eyebrow pencil in "Tantalyzing Taupe" (Ipsy)

Juara lip enhancer (Birchbox)

Nanoblur primer (Influenster - not really a sub but kinda?)

Benefit roller lash mascara (Birchbox)

Macadamia leave-in conditioner (Birchbox)

Soapbox Shampoo & Conditioner (Influenster)

Olay Regenerist eye cream (Walmart I think, but possibly Target)

Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion (Birchbox/Ipsy - I've receieved one from each )

Collagen eye pads (Birchbox)

Kiehl's face cream (Birchbox)

I think that's it for today's products...

I think this is everything I used from yesterday.Today I haven't bothered with makeup or getting dressed for that matter. 

• Number 4 Fluro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil - Birchbox
  • Arrow Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm - Birchbox 
  • Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream - Birchbox 
  • Davines This Is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - Birchbox (Mystery Box) 
  • Lioele Eyelash Curler - 3B
  • Skinfood My Short Cake Setting Mascara - 3B
  • Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows Red - Ipsy (points)
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Dim Infusion - Choix 
  • Bdellium Tools Studio Blending Brush 776 - Ipsy 
  • Secret Key Witch Hazel Toner - 3B
Also I didn't know if I should include these or not but these are things I've spent my Birchbox points on. I used them yesterday as well. 

• Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel
  • MD Solar Sciences MD Creme Mineral Beauty Balm Light/Medium 
  • TokyoMilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection Eau De Parfum Everything & Nothing 
Would you tell me about the Choix subscription please?  Thanks!

Would you tell me about the Choix subscription please?  Thanks!
Basically it's a luxury makeup sampling program. You can buy a subscription which equates to 5 product samples for $20 a month. It's cheaper though to buy the yearly subscription at $200.The great thing about it is you get to pick out exactly what products and colors you want (though I think you can also have them randomize it for you if you prefer a surprise). Each month you earn 250 points which equates to $5 credit. I think the credit has to be used for instance $5 off an order of $25, $10 off an order of $50, and so on.  I believe you can also only redeem up to 1000 points at a time.

The reason I don't have all the details about the monthly subscription is because I don't have a monthly subscription. You can also just pay $5 for the sample you want which is what I've been doing. Shipping has been free for me so far though it may vary depending on where you live. They will also provide you with cheap applicators like the ones that come in drugstore compacts for you to apply the products you choose with. 

Be warned though the size of the samples are small. My blush one was about the size of a quarter and not very deep. That being said it's lasted me over a week with daily use so I've definitely been able to try it long enough to decide if I like it or not. I've also received some lip product samples which are equally tiny but should be at least a weeks worth if not more. On the bright side if I do decide I like a product I've sampled I then get $5 off that product in their shop (though it has to be the same color you sampled with the exception of foundation/concealers which they let you go up or down a shade). 

Also they repackage the products. It's not like you would be getting a mini hourglass blush compact. They take out a bit of product from the full size and then melt it down into the quarter sized pan. This doesn't bother me except with mascara. Simply because I think the applicator brush is not a mini duplicate of the brush that comes in the full size. 

Overall I think it's good if you want to try some high end things without driving to a big city or feeling pressured by sales people. They have a page on their website that shows their samples and the little containers they come in. They also sell little magnetic compacts that you can pop your samples into so you can make your own customized palette for travel. 

Finally I have a link that you can use to buy one sample get a second one free. If you (or anyone else) would like this link send me a PM. I also get a free sample for every person who uses my link. 

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully this was informative. 

Okay, let me think...great question!  It's insane how much of my skincare/shower routine on any given day revolves around subscription boxes.  Most of my everyday makeup is not currently from a sub box though. 

- Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo (Winter 2015 Allure Beauty Thrills)

- Dove body wash and deodorant (Winter 2015 Allure Beauty Thrills)

- Byway Eau de Parfum (PSMH Fall 2014 Special Edition - trying SO HARD to use that sucker up; it's not my favorite)

- Redken Pillow Proof (#NGQ05)

- Purlisse moisturizer (Summer 2014 FabFitFun...hmmmmmmmmm perhaps I should pitch it, I didn't realize it was that old!)

- Dermstore Lip Quench (got it from the MUT circular swap; I assume it's from Beautyfix)

- Perry Street Selina Crystal Necklace (Rocksbox; I bought it because it goes with everything)

And tonight I'll be busting out a mask while I catch up on the bachelor, probably one of the patchology ones from PSMH January 2016.  Other night products will include:

- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm (PSMH February 2016)

- The Concentrate by La Mer (Box of Style Spring 2016)

Back