Makeup advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to makeup and needed some advice... I bought my first compact at a beauty supply store ,mostly because there's always a salesgirl to help you color match. My powder is 'ruby kisses', in chestnut.

I wanted to try Maybelline fit me or Revlon color stay, as these both seem to be rated highly. I wanted to know, which range of colors to look at? I really can't match at all. I'll attach a pic of the compact. Thanks!

Here's the pic:

IMG_20160316_113421.jpg

Hi @@Storm! Welcome to MUT! I would look at deeper beige/ slightly tan colors based on your compact. You could always take the compact with you when shopping for the foundations and compare the colors that way.

Hi, I was in a similar dilemma a few months ago when I started taking make  seriously. Before, I used to do it simply because my friends used to influence me and eventually I came to like it. I decided  to be choosing my products online, cause today you can surely find a lot of information about different products and reviews from different people which you can then use to decide on what products best suits. But then, I could not just pick on any product from online stores and start looking for it's reviews. So i decided to try products that most beautiful women use. That's when i discovered http://top-beautiful-women.net/ , which has been helping me get information on currently crowned most beautiful women, then I go on to get information on the type of make up, lipstick and eye pencils they use. This helps me land on quality products, cause such people most likely use high quality products. Currently, I bet my make up game is smart,judging from the compliments i get from my husband and friends. You can consider using the internet to help you land on quality make up products. Asking your friends for advice is good too, but they are most likely going to recommend on what they have been using, which may not be necessarily what you need.

I work with maybelline and Revlon both great yes just take your compact and the girls will help you

Latest posts

Back