foundation help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I recently have been starting to wear makeup more and becoming more obsessed with it. However I can't seem to find a foundation that works well for me. I have dry/sensitive skin and I have a slight red face which I would like to cover. I tried the Clinique redness reducer foundation but I found it abit to cakey for me. Any suggestions? I'm currently using Rimmel match perfection which I like but seems to rub off quite quickly, thanks girls for any suggestions!

Hey katiemaymitch, 

I have sensitive, red, eczema prone skin and a lot of products irritate me. I currently use the clinique redness solutions primer. It's in a yellow tube. To tone down redness and the redness powder on my t-zone which is slightly oilier. Both have a yellow tint.

Foundation wise I use Lancome Teint Miracle Bare Skin Foundation. It leaves skin with a bit of a glow and  it doesn't cling to the dry bits or feel cakey (I don't like that feeling either). It may not be heavy enough to cover up your redness though. So sometimes I mix it with Lancome Teint Idole 24 hour foundation as it's slightly heavier. Bit heavy on its own though. Or Estee Lauder Double wear which I love for nights out as it's long lasting with good coverage. I don't wear it during the day, unless mixed with the Lancome Teint Miracle Bare Skin foundation as it's quite heavy. Stays put though.

Non of these are cheap but I don't mind paying more for a better foundation as it's my base product and i know I don't react to these. 

Hope that helps. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the good thing about the higher end brands is being able to speak to someone on the counter and testing the products first. Always worth doing.

I use Younique products.All there mineral foundations are amazing! All very full coverage for redness. If you have any questions please let me know!

Back