Need Help On Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again sorry to make another topic like this, but I'm struggling to find a good foundation. My situation is that my skin is oily and the foundation I use makes my skin even more oily within 3 to 4 hours and looks really bad as in it turns cakey, runs down and even worst breaking apart (dunno the exact term to use sorry) and I do my skin routine and applied astringent also primer before applying foundation. I was hoping anyone here would kindly recommend me a foundation that can last for hours to be exact 5-8 hours or even more would be even better and make my face look natural. Also help in color if possible :blush2:

Have Used:

Tarte Amazonian Clay Dull Coverage Foundation - Fairly Light Beige - fair to light skin w/pink undertone

MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Mattifying Foundation - No. 40 - Natural Beige - for medium-light skin with yellow undertones

I'm looking into right now to try but needs opinion:

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup - 4 - medium-light shade, with golden olive undertones

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Natural Beige - medium with neutral undertones OR

Warm Beige - medium with neutral-to-golden undertones

Please help if you can thank you so very much! If what I was looking at is no good please recommend me would be much appreciated pls and thank you~!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Estee Lauder Double wear foundation. It seems to last a long time. I haven't tried the ones you mentioned though. I've been wanting to try the Born this way foundation but haven't yet. Some primers also work better than others. Have you tried changing the primer?

@@Reija is it the Estée Lauder 'Double Wear' Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup? If so by the color I mention on the list I used do you happen to know which color to get? Also yes I have changed my primer many times will list below on which I have used.

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-Hr Brightening Primer

Mac Prep + Prime Face Protect Lotion SPF 50

(CURRENTLY USING NOW) COVER FX Blemish Treatment Primer

Thanks again Reija for the fast respond. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Reija is it the Estée Lauder 'Double Wear' Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup? If so by the color I mention on the list I used do you happen to know which color to get? Also yes I have changed my primer many times will list below on which I have used.

Thanks again Reija for the fast respond. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">[/quote

You're welcome @@Dollish!

Yes that is the makeup I meant.

Thanks again Reija for the fast respond. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/quote

You're welcome @@Dollish!

Yes that is the makeup I meant. I would also try the makeup without a primer. Some makeup goes on and lasts better without a primer. If you use a silicone based primer under the foundation, it can cause it become extra shiny a few hours later and not last as long. Unfortunate I don't know what shade would work best for you. The best way to get a match is to go visit one of the Estée Lauder counters inside Macy's or Nordstrom. You might be able to get a sample too that way and see if you like it.
Thank you soo much @@Reija I didn't even know that without primer make up can last long. I'll try that out I never gone wearing my foundation without primer. Also I will for sure try Estee Lauder foundation thanks!

I was going to say- have you perhaps tried MAC Pro long wear foundation. 

Or Illamasqua (I probably butchered the spelling)- skin base.

I knew someone with acne prone oily skin and she used that and said that it was fantastic. 

Also for drugstore, Sleek Cream-to-powder foundation is so good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have very similar skin, maybe try Revlon Color Stay, I use Revlon without primer, just moisturizing cream and powder Mac Mineralize skin finish. For me it is a very good set. Since few weeks I use beauty blender, it totally amazing, my makeup lasts longer, I don't use fingers and brushes for putting foundation and powder.

I'm still working on my MAKE UP FOR EVER compact foundation.  That line completely rules so far.  I think the best foundation I've tried cover and quality wise has been Smashbox's.  Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is more than enough coverage for me personally and it lasts a long time without being gross and cakey.  I can't stand most foundations for this reason.

Latest posts

Back