Looking for a good moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin is very sensitive and dry right now. I'm looking for one that's fragrance free, made for sensitive skin and that won't be harsh on my skin. However I'm having a lot of trouble right now cause I'm looking for vegan products. Does anyone know a good affordable one that I can purchase online or buy at a store. Please let me know. Thank you.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi @@PinkSunsets218! The belief moisturizing bomb is a great moisturizer (It's a Korean skin care brand sold at Sephora. http://www.sephora.com/the-true-cream-moisturizing-bomb-P394624?skuId=1686419 Not sure it it's vegan however. 100% argan oil is great too for dry skin. You just need a drop or two and you can mix it with a moisturizer also. Another cream that has a cult following in the makeup industry is Embryolisse lait creme http://www.sephora.com/lait-creme-concentre-P391011?skuId=1673615 It can be used as a primer or a moisturizer or even for makeup removal. Clinique Dramatically moisturizing cream is fragrance free and non-irritating. I've used their moisturizing lotion (designed for combo skin) on and off for years and it doesn't have fragrance and is non-irritating. http://www.sephora.com/dramatically-different-moisturizing-cream-P398717?skuId=1717016 Not sure if it's vegan though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fragrance free I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing cream. I also use Oil of Olay because I love its very mild scent.

If your skin is very sensitive you could just mix together some coconut oil and aloe vera, potentially with some avocado oil to make it even more moisturizing. It's cheap, gentle on the skin, and vegan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try Ora's Amazing Herbal products!  I use their face powder scrub, face oil, and when im having a really dry spell the ultra healing body butter.  They have fragrance free versions of everything and all natural, most organic.  I'm pretty sure they are vegan products.

Since you have a very sensitive skin I think you should moisturise with oils such as argan, passionfruit seed and avocado with using a separate, physical sunblock on top of it. With These Oils ,you are 100% sure that there is exactly one ingredient. 

For more information I suggest to take a look at Garden of Wisdom , They have the best oils for different skin types.

Choose one from these:

La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream

Olay

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

Clarins HydraQuench Cream

I'm always looking for vegan products too, I've been using this moisturizer by an indie brand called Leighis, it's a thick butter but completely vegan and natural, I spritz my face with rosewater and then apply a dime sized amount to my face when it's dry, it's super hydrating. I, also, do an oatmeal mask with the slightest bit of the Leighis butter, water, and 2 tablespoons of colloidal oats for like 20 minutes, once a week to combat dryness. 

A bentonite clay mask with coconut milk helps with dryness and improves the overall texture of your skin too. 

When I am waiting for my Monsia Skincare order to arrive I use aloe vera gel, jojoba oil or vit E oil as substitute moisturizers, works well.

I second the suggestions for Argan Oil (the Josie Maran one is my favorite) and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (that works well for me when the argan oil isn't enough, but I don't know if it's vegan!).

I have fairly sensitive and dry skin. I use Clinique dramatically moisturizing lotion and it works good.   

Latest posts

Back