Best makeup school in US & what is the requirement to be makeup artist for photoshoot or on set..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to makeuptalk.. First of all, the reason why I started this forum cause I still kinda confuse which school is the best.. 

And are there any requirement to be a makeup artist for photoshoot / on set?? 

I need to find school that accept international student.. 

Oh and also, I'm also confuse with cosmetology and makeup artist.. What I understand is that cosmetology, we're not focusing on makeup.. We also learn other thing such as hairstyling, skincare, manicures/pedicures..

But I read in some website says that if we have cosmetology license, it's easier for us to find job.. Is it true? I'm interested in cosmetology programs, but I love makeup more than the others.. Hairstyling comes after makeup.. 

I hope that you guys can help me about this.. 

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, I'm new to makeuptalk.. First of all, the reason why I started this forum cause I still kinda confuse which school is the best.. 

And are there any requirement to be a makeup artist for photoshoot / on set?? 

I need to find school that accept international student.. 

Oh and also, I'm also confuse with cosmetology and makeup artist.. What I understand is that cosmetology, we're not focusing on makeup.. We also learn other thing such as hairstyling, skincare, manicures/pedicures..

But I read in some website says that if we have cosmetology license, it's easier for us to find job.. Is it true? I'm interested in cosmetology programs, but I love makeup more than the others.. Hairstyling comes after makeup.. 

I hope that you guys can help me about this.. 

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hey @, I am going to answer your questions in the order that you posted them.

A portfolio is the best the requirement for working on a shoot or working on set. Once you attend a school, you'll learn a lot of theory and practical make-ups in order to work on your portfolio. 

All make-up schools accept international students once you meet the admission requirements, such as student / work visas, loans, etc. 

You are correct in knowing the differences between cosmetology and make-up artistry. And yes, having a cosmetology licence will make it easier for you to find work in a salon type setting.

Latest posts

Back