CFDA PopSugar Must Have box *spoilers* 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yikes they are doing one again I m out but there's a spoiler already so I hope it's a good one for all you ladies who buy it.

It's up for pre order for subscribers now for one day $225

Last edited by a moderator:
Teach22, on 11 Apr 2016 - 4:52 PM, said:
Yikes they are doing one again I m out but there's a spoiler already so I hope it's a good one for all you ladies who buy it.

It's up for pre order now for one day $225
Thanks but no thanks.  Last year's CFDA was the worst box ever (IMO).

Here s the spoiler for anyone interested

Insider sneak peek: every box includes a classic split cover up from lemlem by supermodel Liya Kebede

An email went out w a little pic of the cover up but there's more info here subscriptionboxramblings.com/2016/04/popsugar-cfda-box-subscriber-preorder/

I thought the same thing! Yikes again! But the spoiler is so cute!

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 5.06.55 PM.png

whoops posted the wrong photo at first. it's fixed now

Yikes, passing this up. I don't like going over $100...too much of a gamble, especially after last year's mess of a box. I don't like that coverup either...the fact that it doesn't match up drives me crazy, and I can't believe it's worth almost $200.

I won't be purchasing this box because I am on a "no buy" restriction.  I am not sure I would buy it though.  Like jackieee, I don't like that the lines don't match up.  But, I think this box will be appealing to some.  The spoiler item is the around the same cost of the box($225).  If you love or even like the cover up, then the other items would be fun surprises.

I like the cover up, I was just looking for one for the summer. I have a black cover up but would like something more fun. I will really have to think about this. I passed on the Luxor Box Summer Box and I did not care for the PS Summer Box but the CFDA nightmare of last year still rings in my head. If I do go with this then shame on me if it is a nightmare. BTW I am one of the ones that did not return the box from last year but SOLD everything out of it to make my money back, boy was that hard.

I wonder how many of these have actually sold?  So crazy to me that everyone's feedback last year was "this would be a great box for $150; $195 is too much for what it is" somehow translated into PS jacking the price up to $225. 

I"m also a little nervous about what I'm seeing in the comments section of MSA about sizing.  I just assumed there would be a follow up email asking my size for the coverup.  I definitely need a large.  Now I'm seeing that if you need a bigger one, you have to contact them after you get your box, and they may only have limited numbers of the larger sizes.  I'm not sure how well this would resell on ebay so I'm wondering if I should back out.  I think they technically have to give you three days for buyer's remorse?

my earrings from last years box already have spots all over them...value of $395 and they are cheap crap honestly.  Def passing after last years awful flop.  

I wonder how many of these have actually sold?  So crazy to me that everyone's feedback last year was "this would be a great box for $150; $195 is too much for what it is" somehow translated into PS jacking the price up to $225. 

I"m also a little nervous about what I'm seeing in the comments section of MSA about sizing.  I just assumed there would be a follow up email asking my size for the coverup.  I definitely need a large.  Now I'm seeing that if you need a bigger one, you have to contact them after you get your box, and they may only have limited numbers of the larger sizes.  I'm not sure how well this would resell on ebay so I'm wondering if I should back out.  I think they technically have to give you three days for buyer's remorse?
You could possibly email PS to find out about sizing, but I think it will be a One Size cover up, because I need a Large also, otherwise PS is already screwing the box up if they don't ask about sizes. I am going for it, no buyers remorse for me, if I don't like it, I will figure something out! 

On a different note, I love reading reviews on MSA, but sometimes the other readers are on a witch hunt if the box is bad or not to their standards or slamming the company and trying to sway people not to purchase a box.

jenny1973, on 12 Apr 2016 - 5:21 PM, said:You could possibly email PS to find out about sizing, but I think it will be a One Size cover up, because I need a Large also, otherwise PS is already screwing the box up if they don't ask about sizes. 
I looked up the cover up and it definitely has standard sizing associated with it.

I want this cover up, it would look so cute with the hat from the resort box--- I could live happily ever after all summer long in it! What I don't understand is how this could be sized to fit most when online I see it was sold in small, medium, large- no mention of O/S. I wonder how this will play out...

Right, I also saw that they do have specific sizing, and that the FAQ says they will only have limited numbers of the larger sizes, which you can only request AFTER you get your box and it doesn't fix.  That seems...not well thought out.  DID THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM HANKYPANKYGATE?

Do agree with the witch hunt, have seen it MANY times before, but at least in this case I think it's a legitimate concern.  The coverup is worth $195 which I assume is a big chunk of the value so I want it to fit.  And if it doesn't, I want to be able to sell it for a reasonable price.  Have seen these discounted at J Crew and elsewhere, so I'm guessing it won't be a highly coveted item and they might just sit on ebay. 

I decided not to contact PSMH in the hopes that it will either magically fit or the other stuff will be so good I won't care. 

This is giving me the final push for my last 10-15 lbs to lose.  I just got my backyard finished and looking forward to lounging about this summer and this cover up is going to fit me without "the girls" getting in the way!

No regrets still, although after I looked at the FAQ's (after note for me), I am starting to see possible problems after May 16th, and everyone is fighting over a larger size because they did not read the FAQ's like me!!!!

I ended up emailing PSMH after all because I read over the FAQ section and it encouraged people to contact them ASAP if they needed a bigger size.  The person who responded was super nice, but said that they do want people to wait until they get it and try it on to contact them.  (which is a little contradictory, but whatever).  Then I asked what size they will be shipping out, and he said it's a one size fits most.

So even though the lem lem coverups we have seen on J crew and the like have small, medium, large sizing (only up to a 10-12, yikes), the one we are getting in the CFDA box should be more forgiving.  And if not we can scramble for the larger ones. 

Now I'm just worried that the people who get their boxes shipped faster will have the advantage, but I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit and won't be an issue.  Or I can take @@jenny1973's lead and lose some weight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm. This should be interesting. The box goes live on Friday for all. I wonder how long it will take to sell out. I like how they paired the cover up with the hat from the resort box. Maybe they will release another spoiler.

Just googling around for hints and spoilers. Found these tidbits....

IG posted a picture of the box saying "We can't wait for all of the sun-ready essentials in this limited edition box"

http://corp.popsugar.com/CFDA-COLLABORATES-POPSUGAR-LIMITED-EDITION-MUST-HAVE-BOX-40886788

The POPSUGAR Must Have x CFDA box will feature a curated assortment of items created by CFDA members and inspired by Coachella and music festival style. The special POPSUGAR Must Have x CFDA box is available for purchase on April 13 and will be celebrated at an exclusive POPSUGAR/CFDA brunch hosted by designer and CFDA Member Jonathan Simkhai at Coachella on April 16.

The POPSUGAR and CFDA partnership is based on aligned priorities, namely philanthropy, fashion, and discovery. Fifty percent of POPSUGAR's profits from each box will be donated to the CFDA in support of its mission to strengthen American fashion in the global economy.

"At POPSUGAR, we love fashion almost as much as we love giving back. We're thrilled to partner with the CFDA and the incredible work they do for fashion designers in America with our Must Have program," said Lisa Sugar, president and cofounder of POPSUGAR. "Last year, our CFDA collaboration box sold out in record time. There's a hunger with consumers for special, fashion-forward items and we're excited to reveal this year's assortment."

"Building on the sell-out success of our first POPSUGAR Must Have x CFDA box, we are excited to continue the collaboration and put the spotlight on a range of CFDA Members during Coachella," said Steven Kolb, President and CEO of the CFDA. "The designers have created an assortment that perfectly captures the spirit of music festivals."

Latest posts

Back