PMS and Pimples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been getting pimples a lot lately but it's only before I get my period. I know my period is coming up right now cause I'm a lot more emotional than normal. My anger and crying spells is out of control. My sleeping patterns is also messed up as well too. I'm sleeping a lot more during the day and I feel really lazy and I'm always hungry and crave a lot of chocolate and snack foods. 

Is there anything I can use to stop the pimples? My PMS is usually the problem to be honest. I'm washing my face and trying to keep my stress down as much as possible. Right now I have a cold pack on my head just to relax myself to simply chill myself and it's actually working. One thing I know I'll most likely do is probably eat more salads. I drink a lot of water and I stay away from caffeine cause my moods go completely crazy on caffeine. Is there anything to help me? This PMS is horrible.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please someone give me some tips and advice on this.

Pimples are really common during PMS. Eating clean helps and the older you get, the less they start occurring. Evening primrose supplements are said to help. I've used them before but can't say that they directly helped. I'm also not good at remembering to take them consistently. That time of the month is time to be gentle with yourself and if you body is craving sleep, sleep if you can. The same with chocolate. :lol: I eat more chocolate during PMS and don't worry about it because I know why I'm craving it. Doterra has a pms essential oil blend that is really nice. I've used it a few times and it seems to help with the headaches and crankiness. The blend comes in a small roller applicator that makes it portable and easy to apply. I've used it on the temples of my head and rolling it on my hands/wrists to help with the headaches. 

Thank you for both of your thoughts and advice.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @Reija I'll make sure I eat clean as possible and stay away from fatty foods. I do crave a lot of them though like cheeseburgers and pizza, haha! Another thing I'll do is make sure to look into Doterra cause I'm sure I'll need it. Hate taking OTC stuff all the time for headaches.

@livelaughmakeup I noticed that I'm having a lot of make-up and facial cream flare up's as well. My face is extremely sensitive. Any little thing will create a pimple. So for right now I'm washing my face twice a day and using mud on my face. If it gets any worse I'll buy something OTC cream or something to put on my pimples. 

Thanks again for both of your inputs. I appreciate it a lot. <3

I would say, I can completely relate to you on this as I have same problems you've mentioned above during PMS. Pimples are quite common during PMS. What I do to avoid all those things is :

1. Keep myself hydrated, I drank lot of water and other things with high concentration of water in it.

2. I watch comedy movies that divert my mind and I feel relaxed.

3. I try to forget about it and concentrate on the things that I enjoy the most.

These are some of the things that I do. I think stressing over the same is of no use. It will make them worst. So, try to make yourself happy, Its just about 3-4 days then you'll be back in your normal days. 

I've been getting pimples a lot lately but it's only before I get my period. I know my period is coming up right now cause I'm a lot more emotional than normal. My anger and crying spells is out of control. My sleeping patterns is also messed up as well too. I'm sleeping a lot more during the day and I feel really lazy and I'm always hungry and crave a lot of chocolate and snack foods. 

Is there anything I can use to stop the pimples? My PMS is usually the problem to be honest. I'm washing my face and trying to keep my stress down as much as possible. Right now I have a cold pack on my head just to relax myself to simply chill myself and it's actually working. One thing I know I'll most likely do is probably eat more salads. I drink a lot of water and I stay away from caffeine cause my moods go completely crazy on caffeine. Is there anything to help me? This PMS is horrible.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please someone give me some tips and advice on this.
[SIZE=14.6667px]I had been using tea tree oil to treat my skin problem. But now it doesn’t work well as it did in the past. Now I use turmeric to treat my pimple and acne problem. Turmeric made into paste and applied to acne-prone areas can destroy the bacteria causing it and remove excessive oil from the skin thereby preventing from pimples. The whole turmeric needs to be ground mixed with a spoon of milk and then applied to the affected area. It’s pretty difficult to get whole turmeric. I buy it from horton spice mills ([/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]http://www.hortonspicemills.com/listing.php?pid=69[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] ). [/SIZE]

How young are you?

The only thing that controlled my PMS has been birth control. I had other problems as well, irregular and heavy periods so my mother took me to the gynecologist at 16 to get it sorted out. Certain brands of birth control are also proven to help hormonal acne.

Since I don't know how old you are I'm not advocating you taking a hormonal medication, I'm just telling you what has worked for over the years and into my 30's.

Also for topical OTC acne products use a moisturizer with salicylic acid under your makeup and at night use a spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide. Every brand under the sun makes these, even store brands.

If you're into masks, homemade egg yolk masks worked wonders on my skin. Literally all you do is seperate the yolk from the egg and apply it to your face. One yolk stored in a tupperware container in the fridge should last about 3 days and eggs are inexpensive.

Latest posts

Back