Help..foundation..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I want to find a good coverage foundation. Currently using revlon colour stay can't remember the shade tho. But it's 4 normal/dry skin...

I'm finding it hard to get good coverage and it "sitting on my face" really sticks to my dry patches.

I used to love this? Not sure what's changed.. Maybe it's cause I swapped from the combination one to this 1?

Any way I'm really insecure about my skin and need a good cover make up.. Maybe that's not matter but not guna look greasey.

I'm useless with make up. I apply it with fingers? As never could get on with a brush.. I'd get brush strokes.. Maybe my technique? I dunno. So maybe I should go for a sponge?

Help me!!!!! Please!!!

Hi! Welcome! I personally like to apply the foundation with fingers or spongers. I've used brushes too but I find that it takes too long to blend properly. I just don't have the time or the patience for that. :lol: Do you set your makeup with a powder? Loose powder will help the foundation to last longer. It's important to make sure your skin is hydrated well before applying the foundation. Regular exfoliation (1-2 times a week) helps too for the foundation to go on more smoothly.

Edited to add: I've heard great things about the Maybelline Dream Velvet foundation but I haven't tried it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up the It brush (mini stippling, $12) and it was GREAT for putting on foundation (Tarte Rainforest of the Sea) -- by far the best foundation brush I've had so far.  

When I hit 44 my skin changed dramatically.  I used to exfoliate for fun, but now it's a must.  I've upped my moisturizer game quite a bit, too.  

I really like the Dream Matte Velvets that Reija mentioned.  I started with the nude shade, but realized I needed to go a little lighter, so I picked up #20 tonight.  I'll try it later this week.  The texture reminds me a bit of the Porefessional.  It's easy coverage, but it will sit on top of every dry patch within a mile.  I've only used fingers to apply it so far.

Latest posts

Back