Reija

Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

Let's talk about Birchbox May boxes. What's everyone choosing for their May add-ons?

I'm not getting any but it's interesting to see Keds (or shoes in general) as add-on :)

Are you adding any of the extras?

• Like 1

I'm not adding any of the extras because I'm trying not to buy anything extra. :) The Keds did look interesting but I'm holding off.

• Like 2

None of them are appealing to me this month. I almost went for the naturals kit, but the $22 price point is the same as in the regular shop, and if I really want it if rather just buy it on its own with free ACE shipping than wait for it to ship with next month's box.

• Like 2

None of them are appealing to me this month. I almost went for the naturals kit, but the $22 price point is the same as in the regular shop, and if I really want it if rather just buy it on its own with free ACE shipping than wait for it to ship with next month's box.

That was what I never understood about the add ons.  They don't come with a discount or anything. 

• Like 2

I just added on the Tocca body scrub trio.  I was planning on buying these from the BB shop anyway and this just saved me a couple of dollars.

• Like 2

I got the printed Keds! They're so cute! I am a little worried about the sizing though. I think I bought a pair a few years ago and they were a little bit big and had to return them. The website says they are true to size though. I guess we'll see!

• Like 1

Hopefully the pys choices will be released soon. I wasn't very excited about April's offerings so I'm hopeful for May!

• Like 2

Are the add-ons all the same? I can't find the Keds ....

Do they have a video of sample choice up yet? Isn't it kind of late for them to put it up?

Can someone please post what the add ons are? I would love to know. :)

Here are the add-ons from their email but there are more options too:

Keds shoes (solid light blue or print) $45

Tocca mini body scrub set $16

Benefit Beauty Besties Kit $25

Birchbox ingredient conscious kit $22

• Like 2

Do they have a video of sample choice up yet? Isn't it kind of late for them to put it up?

Have not seen a video yet. Hopefully soon!

• Like 2

I clicked on that thing about getting early access.  It took me to a page that said April 30 is sample choice day and featured a banner with paint brushes.  That really doesn't tell me much.  The theme is color, paint or art? Or random stock image day at Birchbox web support. 

• Like 3

Man, they're dragging their feet with the damn sample choice this month. Early access day is the 27th, and still no reveals...

I think early access is 29th this month. @ mentioned above that the sample choice day is 30th this month :/

• Like 1

In the small print it says Aces automatically qualify (for early access), under the part that says 4/27.

post-81533-0-56585000-1461210787_thumb.png

Edited by mirandamanda
  • Like 3

I bet (hope) we get sample choice reveals today. I'm planning on cancelling my second box this month, but I'm waiting to see what sample choice is just in case it's something I need .... Which, ha! I have so many samples right now I just need to cancel the second box and keep it canceled, but I've become addicted to picking the curated box on one account and a sample on the other. Sigh.

• Like 3

Sample Choice is Finally Revealed!!!

Subscribers can pick from the following (every subscriber will receive a sunscreen):

• SuperGoop! Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil with Meadowfoam SPF
  • Coola Classic Sport Face SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer
  • Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel For Body
  • Vita Liberata Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion

Featured Box: 

May-Birchbox-Featured-Box.jpg?resize=855

Edited by everythingandnothin
  • Like 1