Allure Beauty Thrills May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Almost time for the May box! Anyone else do the pre sale this go round? I pulled the trigger and bought all 3 for the year in advance. Eeek! I'm always in the middle of work though when they go on sale, so there is one of my many justifications. I can't wait to see what is in them!

Ok, just looked at the spoilers and am happy enough. The sale date would have aced me out as it is a busy work day. So no sweating it out!

Sorry @@mckondik, those spoilers were for the regular May box so I shouldn't have merged them into this thread!  I moved them back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the pre-sale although not immediately.  I wish I had waited until the spoilers were released since the May box is mostly a miss (too many hair products). 
I did the same. Wish I had waited to see the spoilers and saved myself $200. I'm holding out hope for the August and December boxes. A bunch of that stuff will go to the local county supply drive.

I CAN NOT believe this hasn't sold out yet.  Remember when we all used to go nuts on Allure day and post our order number?  I was sad I didn't get an order number when I bought it.  And a little stressed out, between that and the lack of countdown this one seemed weird.  Was very relieved to get my confirmation email. 

Those of you who did get it - what are you the most excited about? I can't wait to get the Sonia Kashuk makeup back, rituals lotion, veraspa face cream, and pureology/bedhead hair stuff this time.  The $3 hask oil is the only thing I really won't use, and that's because I have so many of them.  I can live with that. 

@@lauradiniwilk yeah, the last 2 I bought sold out in around 30 minutes. I hope they notice and add more items back and include high value items again for the next 2 boxes.

I'm looking forward to the trying the Tangle Teezer - with all the sub boxes I get, I still have not received one. Also looking forward to the Sonia Kashuk bag as I was needing a new one and it looks like a nice size and the Rituals lotion, I love their shower gels. I will use about half of the items, which is over the value of the box and give the rest away to family.

I'm actually looking forward to trying everything! I think this box looks awesome & I was super happy it didn't sell out fast since I was stuck in a meeting a noon. It ran over & I swear the last 20 min was like torture... lol! I'm always looking for a good hair texture product so I'm looking forward to trying the redken, tigi & pureolgy- the rituals body cream sounds totally fabulous too. I can't believe no nail polish this one... I can never have too many polishes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was totally taken off guard when I checked my email from work and realized it was the day the box was on sale.  It was already 45 minutes after the sale started so I was totally SHOCKED that they were not sold out already and I was able to grab one.  There are a few items in this box I was considering trying anyways and those total up to more than the cost of the box itself so it was a no brainer for me to grab one. 

I decided to pass on this one. Good value but I am overflowing of products right now, I am just starting to use all up a few months ago. It's a shocker it's still on sale on day2 not like the past boxes I bought.

They haven't seemed to be hyping the box as much as they used to. It's still available to order, which is amazing to me. Either they have more available, or there isn't the demand. I also just noticed that there are several states where if you live there, they don't do the $5 donation to the Melanoma Research Alliance.

I think what's disappointed me about this box is the lack of sun care. The summer box in August seems to get more sun care products, even though sunscreen should be a year-round affair, and after summer is almost over is a bit late. I'm interested to try the facial sunscreen they have this time, but won't use the self tanner or BB cream (to say my skin is pale is an understatement). The blow dry accelerator from last year ended up making my hair really brittle, so I won't try this one. After looking again, there is a bunch of stuff I'll use or try, so I don't regret the pre-order, but will still have quite a few things to give away.

For those who won't use the Hask hair oil, it also works as a bath oil. I dribble some in the bubble bath for my three year old a couple times a week.

Allure has charged those that purchased the annual subscription a 1x box charge too.   I have a new pending charge for the individual box and my annual went through over a week ago.  I haven't contacted CS yet but a lot of other people have so hopefully the charge will disappear on Monday.   Kind of a hot mess this year.

Looks like shipping has been delayed. For the pre-sale they had indicated a 4/29 shipping date but I called today and my box has not been shipped yet.

I'm totally shocked the box is still available for purchase! These used to sell out within hours. The last two or three boxes have been repeats of the same kind of items and this box just looked disappointing. I haven't bought on for a long time. Plus the products looked kind of small or things that you could get super cheap or free. 

Has anyone received a shipping notice?  This year is so OFF - the last 2 years I would have had the box by now and I thought the presale said shipping on 4/29.

[SIZE=medium]Just received this message so no to shipping.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]"We're thrilled that you've joined the Allure Beauty Thrills community! We are excited to share these limited edition boxes with you. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We're processing your first box shipment and have had an issue with our order management system. The issue has caused us to authorize your credit card for the regular price of the May Beauty Thrills box even though you have already prepaid for all three May, August, and December boxes. These are only authorizations and have not actually been charged to your accounts. They will show as pending on your account until your bank releases the funds. Each bank has their own guidelines on how long the funds are held, generally 1-3 business days. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope you enjoy each Beauty Thrills box.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We'll send you an e-mail to let you know when your first box has shipped."[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back