laura10801

Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

I ordered May just to get the foreo, called to cancel if I wasnt going to get it and the response I got was that mine was "hold" status... which meant they didnt know If I was going to get it or not so I couldnt cancel yet. I feel like they might have lied? When I see others getting them If they dont respond I will try to get a refund or dispute on the CC since I ordered MAY.

• Like 2

I caved.  I let them send me the weird mystery box for May.  The clerk on the phone said it has a value of around $50.  Ten dollars for two boxes isn't bad. I can't imagine it will be full of leftover junk unless they want us all to quit en masse.  I was so sad about the foreo I ended up buying a Neutrogena dermabrasion doodad over the weekend. It takes AA batteries and is pretty amazing. I will probably cancel after June though.  

• Like 2

This year shipping and billing is a HUGE mess. It would be decent to apologize and have at least the story straight. If their system sucks, just stick to this version but their reps have no idea of what is going on, so they are feeding us with all types of crappy excuses.

I honestly do not expect May box so will ask for a refund in a week.

I remember there was a problem with Beauty bar when they oversold and kept you on hold for future boxes. Allure is trying so hard to get new subscribers and screws up all the time :(

• Like 3

Wow, some of the FB and MSA posts are out of control.

Omg what a mess. I'm also a caught in the not getting a May box situation too. My debit card was fraudulently charged last month (by Groupon) and I had to cancel my card. I didn't get my new card in time to update my billing info, so I won't be getting the May box either.

I'm a little (more like a LOT) bummed.

Wow, some of the FB and MSA posts are out of control.

II think it's because we are reading each other's stories of frustration. If this happened in the 90s or early 00s we'd be in the dark about customer service responses varying greatly, people being double charged, and longtime subscribers missing out because of credit card mixups and site glitches. It's not just "this crappy thing happened to me" but this company did a bunch of jerky things to a large number of customers. How dare they! 

• Like 4

II think it's because we are reading each other's stories of frustration. If this happened in the 90s or early 00s we'd be in the dark about customer service responses varying greatly, people being double charged, and longtime subscribers missing out because of credit card mixups and site glitches. It's not just "this crappy thing happened to me" but this company did a bunch of jerky things to a large number of customers. How dare they! 

Right, I guess they're offering some people free boxes as a way to placate them but I didn't get an offer for a free box when I called. Probably because I didn't pitch a fit on the phone and just called to update my card. 

• Like 1

Right, I guess they're offering some people free boxes as a way to placate them but I didn't get an offer for a free box when I called. Probably because I didn't pitch a fit on the phone and just called to update my card. 

have you actually had your card updated, though? I keep having the old card charged, it's like nothing is sticking that was entered after 1/31/16..they are charging a card that hasn't been in use since last year. I keep updating, but it isn't going through..

Edited by artemiss

have you actually had your card updated, though? I keep having the old card charged, it's like nothing is sticking that was entered after 1/31/16..they are charging a card that hasn't been in use since last year. I keep updating, but it isn't going through..

I called last night and updated it.

For me it's just frustrating when you sign up and pay for something and then find out that you aren't getting what you paid for without any notice. It would have been completely different if Allure would have reached out to me and said hey we messed up and offered a solution, but instead we all had to find out through others on social media and we had to call and deal with CS to then find out we weren't getting a box. I wasn't mean to CS and I don't feel there is any reason to get ugly with CS. Those people are catching the brunt of all of this when it wasn't their mess up and they are just doing what they are told to do. Does that give them a right to be rude? Not really, but I would probably be ill as well if I kept getting chewed for something that was out of my control and something that I had no part in. Allure is just not handling this well at all. I honestly did not want an old box or a mystery box. That was a cop out to me to try and convince customers to stay with them. The whole thing seems very dishonest. After this I will never give another dime to Allure.

• Like 6

Actually it seems dependent on which clerk you get and what day you call.  I called and got Brandon. All I said was that I read on MSA new subscribers were actually getting the June box, not the May box.  Could he confirm that I was subbed for June. He said that was correct.  When I said I'd like to cancel he offered the mystery bag. I think he was reading off a script.  If I had called Saturday the offer seemed to be a previous month's box or something called the Love Box.  He also reassured me that I won't be charged for July's in May. The only reason I wanted the mystery bag was that as a new subscriber it seemed unlikely I'd be getting a bunch of dupes. 

• Like 1

Probably, but I think anyone who called and ended up wanting to cancel was offered a gift box of some type (mystery/love/past....whatever they're calling it) as a way to keep subscribers because of the oversold May box.

I'm annoyed I'm not getting a May box, because I'm a long time subscriber, going back to winter of 2012 when they were sample society, and had I not had the issue with my card, I probably would have secured at May box because I switched over to Allure in March not making me a "new subscriber."

But I fairly confident that the items I want out of the box will pop up on the swaps or eBay.

• Like 1

Probably, but I think anyone who called and ended up wanting to cancel was offered a gift box of some type (mystery/love/past....whatever they're calling it) as a way to keep subscribers because of the oversold May box.

I am not offered any form of box/apology. The CS rep "Lynne D" on the live chat was rather rude although I was very polite and patient with the whole situation. When I said I do not want to be charged for something that I may get in 2 months, she cancelled immediately, there was no sign of empathy.

I do not like this double standard, if they have a solution they should offer it to everyone and the treatment we get should be uniform.

• Like 2

I am not offered any form of box/apology. The CS rep "Lynne D" on the live chat was rather rude although I was very polite and patient with the whole situation. When I said I do not want to be charged for something that I may get in 2 months, she cancelled immediately, there was no sign of empathy.

I do not like this double standard, if they have a solution they should offer it to everyone and the treatment we get should be uniform.

While agree it should be the same for everyone, I've seen lots of sub box screw ups over the year and what seems to be consistent is these boxes CS is inconsistent. 

• Like 2

Oh, boy! Looks like Allure is mockering us. Just got an e-mail titled "your first look at May's beauty box". They screwed up a lot of subscribers and sending out an e-mail like this... I don't know what they are thinking.

I was told I would get the May box but probably not so soon as they apologized for the delay in shipment. Last month they said it would never happen again :D

So sad they can't get a grip :( the content of boxes is good.

I have no idea if the editor-in-chief has smth to do with all the beauty boxes idea but all the mess started when they fired Linda Wells.

• Like 2

I have received 2 separate e-mails from Customer Care assuring me I would receive the May box. I subbed 04/07/2016. We shall see!

• Like 1

Oh, boy! Looks like Allure is mockering us. Just got an e-mail titled "your first look at May's beauty box". They screwed up a lot of subscribers and sending out an e-mail like this... I don't know what they are thinking.

I was told I would get the May box but probably not so soon as they apologized for the delay in shipment. Last month they said it would never happen again :D

So sad they can't get a grip :( the content of boxes is good.

I have no idea if the editor-in-chief has smth to do with all the beauty boxes idea but all the mess started when they fired Linda Wells.

Ugh!  I got the taunting email as well. It even had a picture of all the stuff I'm missing out on.  We never actually received any apology or notification emails either.  If I wasn't constantly on this website and MSA I'd be sitting around still thinking a May box was on its way.  And it was reading the comments that put me on the idea of calling to cancel to see if I'd get offered some sort of consolation prize. 

• Like 1

So I subscribed on April 28, and I just got a shipping notification email! I hadn't gotten around to contacting CS about the status of my subscription since I am in the middle of a move, and was also curious to see if they'd actually reach out on their own. I will update once I receive the box and see whether it is actually May's box...

• Like 1

My box showed up already. Most of the products are not full size. It's still a great box and I'm looking forward to seeing if that Equitance spot corrector will actually work on these monster freckle clusters.

• Like 2

Hey ladies, can you let me know if you like how the Foreo Play works? If it's good I'll get it from Foreo or Sephora. Thanks!

• Like 3

This is everything...Except the Nail polish everything is travel size/deluxe sample...even the lipstick. But overall the box is good...

post-121060-0-74779800-1462562447_thumb.jpg

• Like 5