Prom dress makeup help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Prom is in less than a month and I really need help deciding what makeup would look best and also nail designs. My dress is a charcoal grey if you can't tell in the picture. image.jpeg

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Such a beautiful dress!! I would keep the nails simple and do maybe a soft smokey eye and a darker red lip not bright red more like a "your lips but better" color which is like a rosey red color that is not too dark. If you like bolder nails, then you could go with a darker red nail polish. Geometric nail designs are in right now so you could do that as well. Pretty much anything goes on the nails these days. If you are going with less of an eye makeup, then you can do bolder lips but if you do smokey eyes, I would keep the lips more natural, even nude colors would look pretty on the lips paired with a smokey eye.

Here is a picture of looks that would look great with your dress. Here is a link to the article if you want to get more details on how to create it. You wouldn't need to use the recommended products, you could recreate the look with any makeup as long as the shades are similar. http://www.esteelauder.com/estee-stories-article-ready-set

kendall's look.jpg

Prom is in less than a month and I really need help deciding what makeup would look best and also nail designs. My dress is a charcoal grey if you can't tell in the picture.
image.jpeg
I think rosy pink lips w shiny gloss, lots of contour/highlighter, black black liquid eyeliner on top lid, maybe a silver to white eyeshadow.  white from the inner eye and darker gray on the outer.  the lips would be lighter the darker gray on the lid you use.

nails: hmm.  i was thinking a gray or white plain nail but it might be too matchy.  so maybe a classic dark red.  the dress is dramatic so the nails could be too, dark red almond or diamond shaped acrylics.

I would agree with @@Reija and @ that a smokey eye would look great! A smokey eye with big lashes, neutral blush, what ever you feel comfortable in with contour/highlighting, and a more neutral lip (like a neutral rose, don't got too light with the lips). For nails the possibilities are endless, I would suggest looking at some prom nail designs on websites such as Pinterest or Youtube!

Back