Need help with foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need help with foundation, I have fair skin which is extremely dry and sensitive, I struggle with products because they either dry my skin out or give me break outs. Is there any foundations which people recommend ? 

Thanks!!

Hi @@laurenchill!

Welcome to MUT! Not sure what your budget it but brands like Dior, YSL, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier have excellent foundations. For drugstore brands, I've heard great things about the Maybelline dream velvet hydrating foundation but haven't tried it myself. Hope others have suggestions for you too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Welcome to MakeupTalk @@laurenchill! I would recommend the Hourglass Hylanronic Skin Tint for you! Is super moisturizing, had good coverage, and the hylanronic acid really helps calm down skin. If you are on a drugstore budget, I'm not sure what would be the best for you. The Rimmel BB cream is pretty nice, but I have heard it has broken out some people. Good luck!

@@laurenchill hey sweetheart :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What might sound very odd is using mineral powder foundations. If you used a good moisturiser under it and once it dries you used a mineral foundation then it might be better for you because: liquid foundations are generally a lot heavier on the skin and so they tend to dry skin out and cause breakouts due to clogging pores. Mineral foundations don't have as many ingredients in them and its easy to buy ones with fairly healthy ingredients. This way you don't use as many layers, because instead of, moisturiser, primer, foundation, powder, contour whatever else, you just use one coverage product. Also, because it looks a lot more natural on the skin then it won't need as much contouring to over-compenstate for the flattening effect that liquid foundations create. And also, because you're using less product your pores wouldn't clog as much and then your skin would maybe even normalise. Remember to drink plenty of water too! I hope this helps! xxx

Hi @@laurenchill

I have extremely dry skin,large pores and some redness and there are a couple of brands that work for me. I can not use mineral makeup at all, or any powders since my skin is dry. One thing that has really helped my dry skin is my skin care routine, I've incorporated products with hyaluronic acid which has helped tremendously. I currently switch between two different Tarte foundations, the 12 hour Amazonian clay full coverage (helps to cover my redness) and the Empowered Hybrid Gel foundation. As I am pretty fair, I have to mix a white base when applying the hybrid gel foundation, sadly they don't have a good match for us fair skinned gals. As far as drug store brands, I love the Revlon Colorstay for  normal/dry skin, frankly it works as well as the Tarte as far as coverage. For all of these, I use a sponge such as a beauty blender to apply, find this works better for me. Hope you find a brand that works well for you!

Back