Jay.Aitch.Gee

Birchbox June 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Hi guys!

Will they have a code for new subscribers to get the curated box as their first box? I'd consider re-subscribing if I was guaranteed the Davines products, I've wanted to try both the shampoo and all in one balm for some time now.

***UPDATE***
Just asked BB through live chat and received this response:

Zillah at the moment we have not released if we will have a promotional code for the June curated box for first time subscribers - but keep an eye on your email for any last minute updates!

Edited by Ziieno
  • Like 3

@ thanks for the info on the curated box. Yeah I messaged them and they told me it would be a gift with purchase too so probably have to spend $50 again for it, why I am going to try a new sub for it.

I feel like I really missed out on getting the curated box last month so guess its a second account for me. I really like the curated box for June but the regular box design is so pretty.

• Like 1

I ended up picking the brow gel. I like the curated box, but I picked that last month. I kind of like the surprise of not knowing every month.

• Like 1

I went with curated. I'm interested in everything in it, and May and April's "surprise" boxes were pretty disappointing selections for me.

But I will totally miss the anticipation and obsessive stalking of my box page!

• Like 2

I went with curated. I'm interested in everything in it, and May and April's "surprise" boxes were pretty disappointing selections for me.

But I will totally miss the anticipation and obsessive stalking of my box page!

Same here!

• Like 2

Well I'm disappointed. I left mine to chance but I really should have just taken the curated. Mine is quite bad in my opinion.

Benefit gimme brow volumizing fiber gel- Really Birchbox? I didn't pick this for a reason! I'm assuming I'll at least get the color in light but It's really not something I can use (unless this color is totally different from the old one which I doubt). Sigh. 

Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint- I have so many unused Coola tubes that this seemed pretty lame to me at first. However I have since realized it's supposed to be tinted and dry down matte. It's also supposed to be unscented which is what I prefer for facial products. This may not be bad for no makeup days since I wear SPF everyday. 

Whish Shave Cream with Vitamin K- I don't dislike Whish but I wouldn't call shave cream exciting. At least it's useful (stares angrily at brow product).

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer- This was the only item I did not want out of the curated. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Night Cap Overnight Perfecter- I like hair products but the scent of Living Proof products tends to be strong. If I can tolerated the smell this might be alright.

Overall I really should have just went with the curated. I'm not really sure what magical items I was hoping for but it's not any of these!  Lesson learned. 

Here is my box:

post-93138-0-60642500-1464830398_thumb.png

Eh I'm a little meh, I think I have the eyeliner already. I just go the perfume in my Ipsy last month.

I'm pretty sure I've tried the shampoo and Coola in my other birchboxes.

I'm kicking myself right now. I have two subscriptions and picked the curated box for one of them. I already reviewed the Air Repair moisturizer from a previous box on that account, so my six-item box has only five items to review. I should have picked the curated box for the other account (darn!). Live and learn.

Edited by tm7

Here is my box:

attachicon.gifimage.png

Eh I'm a little meh, I think I have the eyeliner already. I just go the perfume in my Ipsy last month.

As someone who works with electrical subcontractors from time to time I definitely would not want to smell like fat electrician! Curious about that one

• Like 2

I went with the curated box this month. I love just about any type of lip items except Melted lipsticks.

I am back to 2 boxes since I like summer boxes the best

Box where I chose a brow shadepost-122326-0-27945000-1464834801_thumb.jpeg

Complete random box

post-122326-0-52931900-1464834834_thumb.jpeg

Disappointed about 3 dupes but it not all bad. I have tried that congested serum before and liked it, excited for kiehls, and I am getting down to only a few dry shampoos so the texture spray might be ok

I went with the curated box this month. I love just about any type of lip items except Melted lipsticks.

You can get the curated box as your first box using the code "MIGHTY" ;)
I'll resurrect one of my accounts for this and maybe resurrect the other as well using the lipgloss GWS code if the boxes start looking better.

• Like 2

My box shows the benefit brow stuff, parlor shampoo, laura gellar illuminator (excited to see this!), oribe moisturizing cream, and the evologie blemish serum, which I've always heard about and can't wait to try. Its a nice box but I was hoping for the beauty crop pbj smoothie stick, but never mind that if the laura gellar works out for me I'll definitely be happy.

• Like 1

Mine is:

Benefit gimme brow

Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Laura Geller New York Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator

Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner

I am happy about it, minus the blemish serum, as I don't really have an issue with that.

I decided to pick the brow fiber gel since my Anastasia brow gel is basically gone. Here's my box, I'm excited for the Avene Thermal Spring Water because my son just had a really bad eczema flare and I'm hoping this may help. My box matches my profile BUT I'm still not excited about the BB cream, and even though I've always wanted to try the Lavanila brand I'm not excited for sunscreen. I've also activated my 2nd account to make sure I'd receive the curated box because I really want the Davines products.

post-118463-0-44373200-1464872071_thumb.jpg

post-118463-0-92052500-1464872071_thumb.jpg

post-118463-0-38446600-1464872073_thumb.jpg

post-118463-0-62635400-1464872073_thumb.jpg

post-118463-0-88725100-1464872073_thumb.jpg

As someone who works with electrical subcontractors from time to time I definitely would not want to smell like fat electrician! Curious about that one

The notes on the fat electrician are: Haitian vetiver, chestnut cream, and olive leaves

The sample sizes are pretty generous. The one I tried from Ipsy was the same brand but called Remarkable People: sparkling champagne, jasmine, cardamom, grapefruit and sandalwood.

• Like 1

Here is my box:

attachicon.gifimage.png

It looks like the ARDENCY INN MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner comes in several colors, here's hoping I don't get another black liner. I have a black one from Glossybox already. Fingers crossed!

The perfume is actually a different scent from the one I got in my Ipsy bag last month, the scents are pretty unique and the samples are a good size, this is the item I'm most looking forward to trying.

I'm a little annoyed with the shampoo (and no matching conditioner). I've got shampoo (AND conditioner) consecutively in my last three boxes, June will be my fourth month in a row getting shampoo AND conditioner and I just got the volumizing Parlor shampoo (AND conditioner) in March, which is better suited for my hair type.

I've already tried the Coola eons ago in the cucumber but I guess since my item is the "white tea" scent that falls under the "different scent/color" according to Birchbox. Meh. Sample size sun screens are useful for my boyfriend when he has to work out door events at work. He's so pale and the tubes are usually small enough he can easily carry it in his pocket without much weight. But I get Birchbox for me and not for my BF to use my products. MEH!!

The brow gel stuff was my sample choice, I've already tried this item but we'll see about the new formula/shade.

If the liner is a cool color and the perfume smells good and the brow gel works well for me this would be a OK box. That's a lot for Birchbox to live up to, let's hope!

The notes on the fat electrician are: Haitian vetiver, chestnut cream, and olive leaves

The sample sizes are pretty generous. The one I tried from Ipsy was the same brand but called Remarkable People: sparkling champagne, jasmine, cardamom, grapefruit and sandalwood.

That's good at least it isn't back of truck cooler burritos and cigarettes

• Like 3

Are there any codes that are working? non-subscription codes, I'm looking for a % off. I got an email for comeback15off but thats not working.

Are there any codes that are working? non-subscription codes, I'm looking for a % off. I got an email for comeback15off but thats not working.

I used welcomeoffer20 last week even though it definitely WASNT my welcome offer, lol. It's the only code that worked for me.

• Like 3

I used welcomeoffer20 last week even though it definitely WASNT my welcome offer, lol. It's the only code that worked for me.

Thanks, I just went ahead and cashed in points and used the cargo code :)

• Like 1