sakura33

Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

According to MSA/an email I am guessing sent to someone cancelling their account- for July we are guaranteed----

Marcelle curling and lengthening mascara or Benefit They're Real mascara!!!!!!

Actually I am being a little sarcastic, but if you are genuinely excited about this- then that is great too! :) I am kind of hoping this isn't the sample choice and just something we are getting in addition, but it most likely is. I am just on complete mascara overload. I have an entire birchbox filled with them and I think I am going to need to move them to a Glossybox to continue keeping the stash together.

Edited by sakura33
  • Like 2

Ugh. not exciting AT ALL and I just re activated my second account because I usually love the summer boxes

• Like 1

oh.. gee.. mascara.

I dont like benefit.  it is impossible to wash off and it clumps worse than drugstore brands.

• Like 1

I love mascara but I get so many of those Benefit tubes. Seriously who hasn't tried it by now? I would maybe be interested if they offered it in brown. I could really use a brown mascara right now. Black just doesn't look natural on me. I have to be wearing a full face to pull it off. Lets face it I'm not going to be doing that much in ninety degree weather. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the info @@sakura33!! I'm on total mascara overload too and have gotten many samples of the Benefit Get Real.

Exactly some more unexciting spoilers. I think next year when my year sub is up I'm going to cancel Birchbox. Wow I just realized I've had this box 5 years! This month makes 5 years and I didn't even get anything, not even a coupon code :(  It just seems to get less and less exciting all the time. It used to be so fun to get the boxes, discover new things, I loved the lifestyle items we don't get anymore. My favorite discovery is still a Modcloth headband they sent out years ago. Plus I keep getting sunscreen, moisturizers or hair products for fine, thin hair which I don't have. I'm so sick of Coola and Supergoop items too, I get them alllll the time. I know people love them, but I wish for more diversity. 

Edited by Saiza
  • Like 5

I  hear you!  I got two sunscreens in the same box, lol.  Despite that, I still enjoy the full and deluxe sizes BB sends. . . I was one of the first subscribers and remember all the foil packets they sent early on.  Compared to that experience, it feels like the samples in my boxes are large enough to actually tell if I like the product.   Plus. . those points, the mystery sample pack, and LE boxes, and GWPs will always keep me reeled in. I seem to always have at least a $10 credit and love the surprise element with the MSP.   

I do notice they aren't rolling out promo codes the way they used to. . tightening the ship I guess.  

Exactly some more unexciting spoilers. I think next year when my year sub is up I'm going to cancel Birchbox. Wow I just realized I've had this box 5 years! This month makes 5 years and I didn't even get anything, not even a coupon code :(  It just seems to get less and less exciting all the time. It used to be so fun to get the boxes, discover new things, I loved the lifestyle items we don't get anymore. My favorite discovery is still a Modcloth headband they sent out years ago. Plus I keep getting sunscreen, moisturizers or hair products for fine, thin hair which I don't have. I'm so sick of Coola and Supergoop items too, I get them alllll the time. I know people love them, but I wish for more diversity. 

• Like 2

I  hear you!  I got two sunscreens in the same box, lol.  Despite that, I still enjoy the full and deluxe sizes BB sends. . . I was one of the first subscribers and remember all the foil packets they sent early on.  Compared to that experience, it feels like the samples in my boxes are large enough to actually tell if I like the product.   Plus. . those points, the mystery sample pack, and LE boxes, and GWPs will always keep me reeled in. I seem to always have at least a $10 credit and love the surprise element with the MSP.   

I do notice they aren't rolling out promo codes the way they used to. . tightening the ship I guess.  

That is funny because I was one of the first subscribers too and NEVER got foil packets unless it was a little side addition to my 6-7 items (so I'd actually get 8 items) but never in place of a regular product, like they do now.

My boxes used to average 6-7 items every time and they actually were matched to my profile- 2-3 of them would be makeup, just like I wanted. And I almost always got a full sized product in a box and the sample sizes were always deluxe, not the puny ones they are now.

I DO get foil packets now and the samples are so very tiny now, they pale in comparison to how the boxes used to be. I can't remember the last time I got a full sized product and the products rarely match my profile. I am inundated with skincare and haircare and nailpolish, none of which I want and most that are NOT okay for sensitive skin, which I stated on my profile. 

I went 3-4 months at times without a single makeup item which is all I really want, and I even have the Beta profile questions which is suppose to be more precise and accurate than the regular profile questions most people have. That BETA has been a big FAIL for me.

Anyway, BB is not what it used to be. I really miss the first few years!

Edited by H_D
  • Like 1

I am running low on mascara samples so I'm happy to get at least one next month. Seriously the last time I bought a mascara was when UD Perversion first came out, that was quite a while ago.

• Like 2

I just canceled my second account. Holding on to a little hope that the July featured box will be great. Otherwise, I might get the Marcelle mascara on my annual box account, because I generally like that brand. 

Here's a pic of the mascaras

post-93138-0-56246600-1466091225_thumb.png

• Like 1

I just canceled my second account. Holding on to a little hope that the July featured box will be great. Otherwise, I might get the Marcelle mascara on my annual box account, because I generally like that brand. 

Here's a pic of the mascaras

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-06-16 at 11.25.32 AM.png

That's nice but what if you don't wear mascara? Or don't want these particular 2?

• Like 1

You always have the option is to not pick anything, or choose the featured box which might not have mascara in it.

• Like 1

Also, Sephora Play! sent out They're Real in the June boxes. This sample has been over done!

At least the Marcelle brand is exclusive to Birchbox so it's not like you'd get it elsewhere. But still mascara is mascara and who doesn't have an abundance?

• Like 3

I'm very tired of They're Real mascara, I've received it more times than I care to remember lol. I canceled my sub last week so it wouldn't auto renew, now after the fiasco of no more points, I'm not sure I'm going to use my gc to get another year's sub. 

• Like 2

I'll be interested to see what the curated box looks like. I like the Benefit mascara but I've gotten it three times now ... So I'd probably pick the Marcelle.

I've got a few months left on my Black Friday deal annual sub... For the price it's worth it to me to just ride it out till October or November (not sure which month it started with) even without review points, but all of this does make me feel bummed about Birchbox.

Anyway, crossing my fingers that the curated box isn't full of sunscreen so I might want to pick it!

I still have eight months left.  The radio on there is kind of cute and retro.  Hopefully the curated box will be cute and useful.  I have enough mascaras to share with a 100 eyed spider!

• Like 5

I just added the tote because I couldn't resist. I think it will be handy for running summer errands instead of lugging my purse aka luggage like someone called it here once. I really need to figure out what weighs so much in my purse. The radio is cute too but I'm holding off. I wanted to add the Bumble and Bumble hair balm for air drying but it's a bit pricey. I would rather try a sample first to see how it is. I like to let my hair air dry more in the summer but it makes the hair so much harder to style after. I let my hair air dry yesterday and today I used the Oui wave spray (from box of style) in it and it was so much better.

• Like 1

Me too added the tote after July I will use my points and switch to Play since I just got off the wait list. The points were the only thing that kept me subbed really. I was so unexcited when my boxes arrived so for me maybe this was for the best.

• Like 1

I just added the tote because I couldn't resist. I think it will be handy for running summer errands instead of lugging my purse aka luggage like someone called it here once. I really need to figure out what weighs so much in my purse. The radio is cute too but I'm holding off. I wanted to add the Bumble and Bumble hair balm for air drying but it's a bit pricey. I would rather try a sample first to see how it is. I like to let my hair air dry more in the summer but it makes the hair so much harder to style after. I let my hair air dry yesterday and today I used the Oui wave spray (from box of style) in it and it was so much better.

Their beach hair kit is EXCELLENT- the sizes that came with it are large to try different brands. It came with 3 different items including Don't Blow It- for air drying cream. It was a good deal.

Sephora also has (had?) a great kit that included a smaller version of the Bumble- but tons of other air drying products as well. I think it might be sold out online though.

Can you tell I am a hair product junkie? Lol I have boxes of hair stuff but can't help myself with these kits/new products...

Edited by sakura33
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info @@sakura33! I'll check it out. One more thing to add to my cart lol. I had started to build a cart because I ran out of Kerastase shampoo I use alternating with other shampoos.

Where's the sample choice video? Maybe they're too busy dealing with complaints and cancellations...

I know right! I want to know if those two mascaras will be the only choices, and what the curated box will be

• Like 3